to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
FilthyWetBeard

$500 limit, where to take it?

Pick a model that is built with common components.

Out of the box an Asian G&P can hit 18 rps at 400fps with a 2S lipo - 7.4V, not 11.1V.

A simple motor swap to a 45K motor and keeping the same batter will net you 25rps at 400fps. Pair the AEG to a good hicap that can keep up and feed nearly the whole reservoir...it will be a squad support weapon.

Pick a model that is built with common components.

Out of the box an Asian G&P can hit 18 rps at 400fps with a 2S lipo - 7.4V, not 11.1V.

A simple motor swap to a 45K motor and keeping the same batter will net you 25rps at 400fps. Pair the AEG to a good hicap that can keep up and feed nearly the whole reservoir...it will be a squad support weapon.

I considered the scorpion, just wasn't sure how accurate at a range it is.. What's is your opinion on that?

Never seen one at my local field so it's also an eye catcher.. But the newer models are due out in March though haha

I'm a casual player, and only one years experience, so when I miss I don't blame the gun. Using it as it came out of the box, I never feel like I'm being shot by other aeg's outside my effective range, and I can hit an A4 target at 30 metres with confidence (.25 bbs). I don't have a longer test range available to me at home, and I'm not great at evaluating distance on the field, so I'm not sure if I've made many shots over that. I use a m120 spring outdoors which sits the fps at `400, and a m100 for cqb, which is 340-350. People I play with comment about the trigger response (saying it's good). You sound confident about tech work, and at a $500 price point, I suspect most guns will go well.

The trigger response is a big selling point! I'm comfortable doing tech work on my guns, but if I can buy good enough ID rather not. Not really looking to tear into the gearbox so I definitely want something solid there.. I appreciate the input! Haven't ever spoken to anyone with the scorpion so I didn't give it much thought... I'll definitely do some research on it!