Sign in to follow this  
jkostelni

GBB never lasts a full mag

I just bought a used KSC G18C and for some reason I can never get off a full mag before the slide doesn't come all the way up and sprays all the remaining gas. Especially when I put it in full auto it does this after about 2-3 shots. I hear a small leak at the top of the mag but it does this even when I shooting immediately after filing it.

Side note: This isnt caused by the temp of the mag or low gas can because I keep everything indoors and the gas is brand new.

You may have a small crack in the loading nozzle.

Your small leak also may be leading to a major inefficiency. Try warming your mag before you shoot again. By warm...the magazine should be at 80 degrees before you shoot.

Is the cracked nozzle easy to fix? I know with the G18C its hard to find parts. Do you know where I could find some?

parts are not hard to find - Helix Airsoft has them.

However, before you start throwing parts at it...know the issue.

Is this issue with a standard magazine or a long magazine?

Spraying gas all over is also another sign. It could be improper filling.

Do Not Use a count system. Rather listen for the hiss from the fill tank transferring liquid to the gas magazine.

Try this. Put the magazine in the freezer for 20 minutes.

Leave the gas out in the warm sun for the same time. Or just warm it up with body heat, like under a jacket next to your side.

Then pull the mag out and fill. You should hear a noticeable hiss as the gas moves from the warm fill cylinder to the cold magazine - PV=nRT. When the noise stops shake the cold mag and put more in. You should get another second or two of hissing.

Now leave the magazine out until it gets warm...like 80 degrees warm. Or warm with body heat. If the magazine now fires off the whole mag. You will know you were filling it improperly.

Edited by Guges Mk3

parts are not hard to find - Helix Airsoft has them.

However, before you start throwing parts at it...know the issue.

Is this issue with a standard magazine or a long magazine?

Spraying gas all over is also another sign. It could be improper filling.

Do Not Use a count system. Rather listen for the hiss from the fill tank transferring liquid to the gas magazine.

Try this. Put the magazine in the freezer for 20 minutes.

Leave the gas out in the warm sun for the same time. Or just warm it up with body heat, like under a jacket next to your side.

Then pull the mag out and fill. You should hear a noticeable hiss as the gas moves from the warm fill cylinder to the cold magazine - PV=nRT. When the noise stops shake the cold mag and put more in. You should get another second or two of hissing.

Now leave the magazine out until it gets warm...like 80 degrees warm. Or warm with body heat. If the magazine now fires off the whole mag. You will know you were filling it improperly.

So I tried the freezer method and the leak was much louder. The gun also only got one shot off in semi before not coming up all the way an spraying gas out of the barrel.

Either you did not let the magazine warm up all the way or you do have a cracked nozzle. Now...take out the nozzle and check for cracks. Don't lose any small parts in the FA system...that ball bearing and small set screw can roll away easily.

Oh...did you get the .5mm allen wrench...if not you cannot release the tension set screw. I have lots of them...but I would rather you send the GBB to me for inspection and repair.

Edited by Guges Mk3
  • Upvote 1

Either you did not let the magazine warm up all the way or you do have a cracked nozzle. Now...take out the nozzle and check for cracks. Don't lose any small parts in the FA system...that ball bearing and small set screw can roll away easily.

Oh...did you get the .5mm allen wrench...if not you cannot release the tension set screw. I have lots of them...but I would rather you send the GBB to me for inspection and repair.

Ok I'd rather use this opportunity to learn. What tools might I need? If the nozzle is cracked is this what I need or is it something else? If the nozzle isn't cracked where else should I look for problems? Also, there is a small switch next to the hammer that resets the trigger and the slide usually needs extra help to push all the way up.

Edited by jkostelni