Sign in to follow this  
falqa

Which beginning gun should I get?

So Im getting into airsoft, and my friend offered me 3 guns:

1.) A Glock (obviously not the brand) 300 fps handgun that goes for $80 new for $55

2.) CYMA AK-47 400fps, usually goes for $140 new, he says $75

3.) Classic Army M110 400+ fps with alotta upgrades, worth $350 new $100 with upgrades, he is selling for $200 (but I have to finance it)

Ive tested them all out, which should I get? I mainly just wanna play with my friends, and one of them has a huge backyard.

Your call, not ours. What appeals to you on looks? Ergonomics?

However, I will say...the pistol will make you a far better player more quickly than the two AEG's. It will allow you to develop skill faster while the two AEG's will have a slower skill development curve, unless you use real caps or 1 standard magazine.

cyma ak, its probably a cm.028, great all around starter gun. someone else will buy that m4, aks beat m4s in longevity, pointing, tracking targets with sights, ease of use, they have better hopup units, some people say they're easier to modify (I wouldn't know as I never opened up one of their gboxes), and has a more durable gearbox, high caps(which beat mid caps because you can hold alot of bbs in em and the sound isnt bad unless your running low. But you shouldn't be running low, people say their loud when you run but people can see you outside of forests so it doesnt matter there, most people at my field don't notice me when I run up behind them even with the rattle of the high cap. In forests you have so much crunch it doesnt matter either as thats louder. Plus their about twice as cheap as any m4 out there, ak mags are cheaper(ak mid caps suck), If you have problems with the magazine length you can just get that spetznaz mag and it works pretty fine.

Edited by jroble95