GG_Arma

Old paintball convert from swVA

Hello all, I'm an old paintball player looking to get into airsoft as an alternative.

I'm from Roanoke, VA. Back about 2005/6 paintball was really big around town, 2 or 3 fields in town and a couple different shops. They all dried up years ago along with my extra time and money for the sport. I looked at getting back into it and have instead found myself more intrigued with airsoft. I was always more into the scenario / woodsball aspects back in the day than I was speedball or tournament style play so airsoft seems a better fit.

I'm thinking about heading to Roanoke airsoft's field in Moneta tomorrow and do the rental thing to see how I like it. Well, I know I'll like it, but I figure I'd go check the local scene out before investing too much money into my own equipment. IDK if any of you are local to me, if so, maybe I'll run into you!

Welcome!

I too am an old paintballer, however I'm talking mid 80's early 90's with Nelspot 007's, Sheridan PGP's, and oil based paint :w00t2:

I don't play anymore nor do I airsoft, but I do collect airsoft guns for cheap wallhangers and for plinking paper and cans.

Oil based? Wow...that is really old school. You may even be classified as a founder.

First time I played was in 1985 with a Crossman 3577 .50cal paintball revolvers. Then Splatmaster, Nelspot 007, Nightmare, Baracudda, Autococker for me....then it was Airsoft in 1991 with a Western Arms Centurion, which I used them heavily for Police Training...and then I dropped paintball in 1996 and have been Airsoft Since.

Edited by Guges Mk3

I got into paintball on my 18th birthday weekend in 2005. I wanted to play so bad but they wouldn't let me in the week before because I was only 17 and couldn't sign the waiver. lol The next week I put my whole paycheck into a 98 custom, paint, mask and other gear and played up until I was about 22 or 23.. the 7 year hiatus has been hard and I've got a serious itch to scratch.

Welcome to the Forums!!

I am just down the road from you in the Lynchburg/Bedford area and have team mates in your area that can help get you going if you wish.

We are having free pickup games on Feb 18. I will send you the FB page link when I get off shift.

Another field you should try is Augusta Airsoft LLC. Bo runs an excellent field with a great community of players, and being in Stuarts Draft he is only a tad bit over an hour from you.

Hope to meet you soon!

Welcome to the Forums!!

I am just down the road from you in the Lynchburg/Bedford area and have team mates in your area that can help get you going if you wish.

We are having free pickup games on Feb 18. I will send you the FB page link when I get off shift.

Another field you should try is Augusta Airsoft LLC. Bo runs an excellent field with a great community of players, and being in Stuarts Draft he is only a tad bit over an hour from you.

Hope to meet you soon!

Send me the link, do you have regular games? I'm going to go by the shop later this week and pick up a new gun. I'd like to find as many fields as I can around here