Sign in to follow this  
Ekashoter

About the airsoft players carrying firearms in field

Hello everyone, first time here and my doing a research. It`s serious (No kidding, no joke)

I would to know about the policy in your country or region, for members of army or police force, carrying firearms (real ones) in airsoft player field. (During the game).

I live in Brazil and some people, most part members of state police force, are carrying firearms during the airsoft games.

I would to hear the policy in your country, around the world, about that.

Thank you very very much.

Edited by Ekashoter

That is a really, really, really Stupid thing to do!

Being from Law Enforcement background, I have to ask why would you do that? One miss draw and you kill someone.

Like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/10/woman-fatally-shot-in-accident-during-fla-citizen-police-academy-lethal-force-simulation/?utm_term=.baf1ad669d8e

I cannot talk about that lightly, it is a serious infraction of all PROPER training ettiquette to mix real firearms in game/training events.

Leave REAL weapons OFF the FIELD when training or "PLAYING" a game. Why do you even have to ask?

Edited by Guges Mk3

That is a really, really, really Stupid thing to do!

Being from Law Enforcement background, I have to ask why would you do that? One miss draw and you kill someone.

Like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/10/woman-fatally-shot-in-accident-during-fla-citizen-police-academy-lethal-force-simulation/?utm_term=.baf1ad669d8e

I cannot talk about that lightly, it is a serious infraction of all PROPER training ettiquette to mix real firearms in game/training events.

Leave REAL weapons OFF the FIELD when training or "PLAYING" a game. Why do you even have to ask?

Because here, in Goiás - Brazil (Central State of my country) the members of State Law Enforcement are doing that and thinking this is really normal. And I will not play with this people. Game over for me.

I do NOT carry either my duty or off duty weapon onto the airsoft field I make it a point to have another team member check my airsoft pistol replica as I carry the same model for duty. This ensures that I don't forget to switch them out, and that those playing with me are sure that I didn't forget either. Carrying a real firearm onto the field is dangerous and just not smart. I would stay away.

Here it is only rumors (scare tactics) started by paintballers or others to try to drive up insurance costs or try to keep people away from the game. ie. "Did you hear about the guy in Florida who bought a real gun onto an airsoft field and shot three kids before they stopped him?" Fields won't permit it, and they would be fools if they did (insurance wouldn't allow it, for starters). Even things like actual knives or clubs aren't allowed on fields, there's just no reason for it.

If you are playing in an area where you have to worry about dangers (animals, bandits, rebels, etc.) you probably shouldn't be playing there. There's too many things going on in an airsoft game to have to deal with the added problem of having to watch your back for real-life dangers.

Edited by Shutaro