to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Alpaxxchino

Echo 1 ASR parts

Hey guys,

My son has an ASR with the standard upgrade kit. Recently, his bolt assembly began to separate (the rear end where the bolt handle attaches to the cylinder). The stock bolt assembly/cylinder is only press fitted. I want to upgrade to an aftermarket cylinder but all the research has only confused me as to what cylinder the ASR actually takes without modification. It seems most threads I have come across has one person saying this and one person saying that. I found what I think is the correct cylinder and have posted below. Will this work? Will it accept the stock cylinder head? If not, please help. The last thing I want to do is order the wrong part and deal with having to return stuff. I appreciate any and all help you guys can give me.

http://www.evike.com/products/42166/

That is the issue with a brand like Echo 1. You don't know who made the item due the parent company being a rebrander.

It would help if you posted a picture of the defective cylinder. That way we can see the issue. I surmise you are correct that this is an APS2 system.

Sadly...this is also going to turn into a Money Pit. I believe the OEM is WELL...and WELL products are very low grade and as you use it more....more pieces will fail.

Hey guys,

My son has an ASR with the standard upgrade kit. Recently, his bolt assembly began to separate (the rear end where the bolt handle attaches to the cylinder). The stock bolt assembly/cylinder is only press fitted. I want to upgrade to an aftermarket cylinder but all the research has only confused me as to what cylinder the ASR actually takes without modification. It seems most threads I have come across has one person saying this and one person saying that. I found what I think is the correct cylinder and have posted below. Will this work? Will it accept the stock cylinder head? If not, please help. The last thing I want to do is order the wrong part and deal with having to return stuff. I appreciate any and all help you guys can give me.

http://www.evike.com/products/42166/

As far as I am aware, Echo 1 ASR = Well MB06. Therefore, if you look for upgrade parts to MB06, you should be good. My understanding is that the MB06 cylinder is APS2. If that is correct, then the linked product from Evike probably works.

I have also specifically searched for a cylinder marked for MB06 and found this:

http://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgrade/sniper-rifles-parts/for-well-mb06-13/niklovany-valec-pro-pusky-well-mb06-detail

There is no reason to believe that the stock cylinder head does not fit, as a direct replacement cylinder like this should be able to take everything else that is stock, e.g., cylinder head, spring guide, etc. If in doubt, you can contact this vendor and ask them whether the stock MB06/ASR parts are kosher with this cylinder.. The seller is located in the Czech Republic, but I have used them more than once and found them to be very helpful and reliable.

Thanks guys. Like I said, the boy bought the gun as a fun gun to use. I explained to him it's not a recommended rifle to upgrade but he liked the look. I have a JG bar10 that I'm in the process of building properly, so when this one is unusable or becomes a financial burden to him, mine will be done. I feel confident ordering the one I linked from evike now. I'll post up and let you guys know how I made out as well as provide info for anyone else in future searches.