I have a fairly upgraded version 2 gearbox and no matter what I do the air nozzle/tappet plate is always out of time. The air nozzle goes in the rear position after firing a round and on semi with every trigger pull the air nozzle moves out and then back to the rear position.

I have checked every thing including the 1 oclock starting position, different tappet plates, different spring, different motor, different batteries 11.1v lipo and 7.4v lipo, trigger contacts, different selector plates, 2 different sector delayers and even without a delayer, different cut of levers and the list goes on.

The air nozzle moves in and out perfectly with the gearbox fully asssembled and starts off in the correct position but after the first or second shot it always goes back to the reversed position of the air nozzle being rearward.

The gearbox cycles fine in semi and in auto and the safety works too. Everything works except the air nozzle/tappet plate always is reversed.

I have no idea what is going on and I have pulled apart my gearbox like 100 times and nothing is working.

Please help as I love everything about my airsoft gun except with the not working properly bit.

Sounds like over spin. Does it feed and fire in semi and full auto? If it does then there is nothing wrong with it. In some cases the inertia in the motor and gear train will cause it to keep spinning for a moment after the cutoff lever breaks the trigger contact. This will allow it to start the next cycle and the sector gear will pick up the tappet plate and pull the air nozzle back. This happens to a degree in virtually every AEG and is completely normal.

It doesn't feed consistently. You could pull the trigger 5 times on semi and get 5 different results from miss feeding to firing normal to shooting 20 feet. Because the air nozzle is always in the rearward position I feel like it doesn't shoot how it is supposed to due. Isn't over spin when it spins over one cycle on semi. My gun cycles fine and doesn't seem like its over-spinning that much it just feels like the air nozzle/tappet is reversed( like the sector gear tappet post is out 90 degrees.

I used to use 11.1v lips all the time with no problems its only lately that I have had this problem. My battery at the moment is a 11.1v 15c and I'm running a m120-m130 spring. I tried even heavier springs with no success. Should I just go for a lower voltage battery?

It doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with the gearbox. Have you checked that the BBs feed properly into the hop up? First take the barrel/hop up out. Turn it upside down and drop a BB down the magazine feed tube. It should drop right to the bottom without hanging up on the lip of the bucking. While the barrel is out, look down the outer barrel and check the position of the nozzle. It should be perfectly lined up with the centre of the outer barrel.

On 3/12/2017 at 2:38 AM, jethro.sims said:

I have a fairly upgraded version 2 gearbox and no matter what I do the air nozzle/tappet plate is always out of time. The air nozzle goes in the rear position after firing a round and on semi with every trigger pull the air nozzle moves out and then back to the rear position.

I have checked every thing including the 1 oclock starting position, different tappet plates, different spring, different motor, different batteries 11.1v lipo and 7.4v lipo, trigger contacts, different selector plates, 2 different sector delayers and even without a delayer, different cut of levers and the list goes on.

The air nozzle moves in and out perfectly with the gearbox fully asssembled and starts off in the correct position but after the first or second shot it always goes back to the reversed position of the air nozzle being rearward.

The gearbox cycles fine in semi and in auto and the safety works too. Everything works except the air nozzle/tappet plate always is reversed.

I have no idea what is going on and I have pulled apart my gearbox like 100 times and nothing is working.

Please help as I love everything about my airsoft gun except with the not working properly bit.

Jethro.sims .... did you ever find the solution to this problem?

changed the piston, piston head, cylinder head, air nozzle and tappet plate on mine and when first fired it was flawless with an extra 20 FPS compared to before. When I got it out again the FPS had dropped to well below 300 which alerted me to the issue. Have checked and rechecked everything and can’t see any damage or issues with any of the parts which is driving me nuts!

thanks