to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Ngraves

Aeg won't work after being rewired

I decided to upgrade my aeg a while back and put in an m120 spring, new wires, cylinder, piston , and piston head. All the connections are good I tested them before and after I put the gearbox back together. Also it's an aps quick change spring gearbox. But the problem is that when I put the gearbox together I used a voltage/resistance tester to check the cables and all looked good all around and when I hooked up the battery I got a good reading of volts. But when I put the gearbox in the lower receiver I get nothing at all. When I take it out works fine. My thought is it might be the selector plate. Any help is greatly appreciated.b

Also when I do a continuity test it beeps when I pull the trigger when it's out of lower but not in. Also it beeps when I touch positive and gearbox. Maybe connections touching gearbox?

Edited by Ngraves

Thanks for the video....wow....that is so weird. It is grounding out when you put it in the shell?

The only thing I can think of is the internal trigger contact. It maybe damged and is touching the shell. So...when you drop it into the body that grounds out, but when you leave it on your workbench...its "not" grounding out.

• Upvote 1

It'll be fine, but it makes getting the motor in and out a pain. I stopped using the stupid little tab connectors after having then fail in a variety of ways. Now I solder direct to the motor terminals and use in line 4mm gold plated bullet connectors. If you're using the right grip (something like the PTS is perfect) then there is enough room to pass the spare wire and the connector alongside the motor without straining anything.

I have never had issues with the 110 Type Blade connectors. If they are loose...I just give them a light squeeze from a needle nose.

If your motor is good...yeah, save it. If not...now is the time to invest in a really good motor. Or at least a semi decent unit.

Alright put everything back together and it works for the most part. I don't really have semi auto or full it's like a combo of both. I think it's the selector plate or switch. But it fires and at first was shooting :censored2: with a really long tightbore I have. So I changed it back to the stock g&g barrel and it shoots like a champ.

Edited by Ngraves