Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTheEro

Installing RIS II Problems

The risk with a die is that it starts cross threaded too. I'd go with careful use of a triangular file to restore the thread, or a proper thread file if you have access to one. Before you take it to your local Airsoft place it would be worth taking it to a local engineering /machine shop. Chances are they'd sort it in a few minutes for beer money, and they're more likely to have the right tools to sort it properly. Even once it's fixed there will always be a tendency to cross thread, so go carefully and never force anything.

So after asking some airsoft shops it turns out nobody has the ability to rethread the receiver and importing tools to DIY is going to be a bit pricey. I plan on getting a new receiver around at the end of this month or so, but I have a question.

What manufacturer's receiver models that would fit E&C internals (gearbox, inner and outer barrel, stock etc) and the said rail without hassle?

Edited by ZeroTheEro