to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

So, I have this G&G SRXL fully stock, and somehow not working fully. I have a 9.6v 1600mah NiMh battery to power the G&G ETU and MOSFET package, (which was replaced after one burned out) and a Matrix 3000 motor- only real modification. The gun worked perfectly out of the box, but I wanted to shim and make it silenced. So, I epoxied the bushings in with JB weld and perfectly shimmed the gears- they spin perfectly free without the spring, tappet, and piston and such in. The motor spins them perfectly free and almost perfectly silent. Now, however, when I have the firing set up in (spring piston and such) with the gearbox fully assembled, perfect motor height, and shim job. The gun only cycles half way and stops. The motor tries to turn the gears but fails and makes an audible "tick" as I pull the trigger trying to push the stuck gears. Although I can manually spin the gears with a flat head and fully cycle the gun. I have been told its not the battery and the motor is definitely powerful enough to spin the gear set, whats wrong?

I believe this is a known issue with the G&G ETU systems. The unit needs a higher wattage battery to complete a full cycle. I know you have been using a 9.6v but a 11.1v would work all the time. Have you tried a freshly charged 9.6v battery? I've read posts and reviews elsewhere that even adding a high torque motor can fix it using the same battery.

Edited by Hack73

Have you checked the piston travels freely with the gearbox assembled? Is also possible the spring guide isn't properly seated and is causing the piston to lock halfway through its travel. You've been told it's not the battery, but have you actually checked the function with another?

I love you, It has been a total of five weeks now of me trying to re-shim and re-position all parts on the gearbox when, in fact, it turns out that the spring guide was in fact not seated and thus cause a lock up, I apologize for this over sight but I thank you greatly for bringing it to my attention- Much love <3!

Alright, I was wrong. At first fixing the spring guide alignment worked then seemingly overnight the gun decided its time to jam again...

Now the gun will cycle all the way until the last turn to actually surpass the last tooth on the piston, I can still manually turn the bevel gear the last turn past the anti-reversal latch and it will cycle. I'm so confused now...

Edited by Veriasn

Is the gearbox assembled in the lower receiver and the buffer tube installed and the screw tightened?

Yes, its fully assembled

I have tried it both, the gearbox by itself with the motor and motor grip fully attached, and with the gearbox in the lower with the buffer tube attached and fully tightened.

Edited by Veriasn

I take it the problem is there with the gearbox only and with it assembled in the receiver?

I've tried both, and in both instances it still does not fully cycle.

This is very odd.... Also I have a Matrix 3000 high torque motor which should easily be able to spin the stock spring which I amuse is a M120. And in fact it did quite easily before I opened the gun but, after shimming it and epoxying the bushings it doesn't work. And yes I have tried to reverse my mods but to still no avail.

Very peculiar.

Edited by Veriasn

Been thinking about this one. Another question though. Does the spring have different coil spacing at either end (some have it in the middle, some are different at either end) and if so, which way round have you got it?

It is a variable pitch spring and I have it on so the more tightly wound side is over the spring guide

Alright so, I made the bevel gear a bit more loose for the motor and.... After I noticed my trigger did not have the G&G ETU satisfying "click" when the trigger actuated, I replaced the ETU with another I had (previously had been replaced when the MOSFET attached to the G&G ETU blew up on me) Now the gun seems to cycle perfectly and works like a charm, and now I must say if this one breaks I'm getting a TITAN MOSFET and ditching the crappy G&G ETU/MOSFET combo, too many lemons... Thanks for the help guys! I'll let you guys know if another problem arises.

I now hate G&G ETUs- NEVER BUY THEM, first the MOSFET that came with the gun exploded, now, with the replacement I got from VIP airsoft, the ETU broke.... Its a sad day in the lemon world :mad: :lemon: <---- (needs to be an emoji)