When I first got my KWA CQBR mod 1, it was shooting around 350 fps. I recently put the following upgrades in my gun trying to get better fps, range and accuracy.

A m140 spring, a high torque motor, a new piston and piston head, and an angel custom 6.01 inner barrel.

After installation my fps was about 230. So then I installed a type 0 cylinder and just because I was crunched for time I put in the old weaker spring. Now my chrono reads about 18 fps. The bb is literally rolling out of the barrel with a fully charged battery.

Before I installed the cylinder I checked the air seal with the piston and it seemed to be fine. I really have no idea what the issue is. Any advise would be very appreciated.

I just had the gun apart to instal the new cylinder, so I know the gearbox isn't smashed off.

And I'm pretty new to teching, but I don't think it's in backwards. There's no port in it, so I guess I'm not sure how to tell. And I play in the US. Why would a M140 make you think I don't?

Edited by Ethan.gueck

Well the plan is to turn it into a DMR so it can only shoot semi. And it was a long time ago when I got the spring, it's possible that it is a M130 or something lower. I think my goal was going for around 450, but I honestly don't remember what I bought. Anyways, if I checked the compression, cleaned the barrel, had the hop up off, had a fully charged battery, and made sure I bought a motor that could pull back the spring, what could be the issue? I just shunned it and adjusts to motor hight too. If it's air seal I have no idea where it's leaking from. And I don't really know what else it could be.

This is a pretty ambitious project tackle without a solid background on AEG's.

Do a compression test on the piston head/Cylinder/Cylinder Head -

Do a nozzle test using the inverted tissue paper method - http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/topic/222834-how-to-test-for-compression-leaks-necro-exempt/

With the hop right off and the BB barely making it out of the barrel I'd go with the air nozzle not making contact with the bucking. That could be something as simple as the spring that pushes the hop back against the gearbox missing, or the hop jammed forward in the outer barrel. Other options are the air nozzle not travelling as far forward as it should, but there can be a variety of reasons for that, including an over stretched spring, jamming tappet plate. The Lonex cylinders with the annular ridges on the outside sometimes cause the tappet plate to catch... But do the test above first. If the paper moves a bit that's OK, but if it leaves the mag well then at least you know where all the air is going.

No, I only have one nozzle but I'm going to a field tomorrow and should be able to get one. I've heard that sometimes "M4" nozzles don't fit a M4 depending on the manufacturer. Is there one you recommend getting?

Also when I was messing with the hop up I put an oring around the inner barrel to act in place of the spring and that didn't help. But I noticed a small notch in the hop up unit. After looking a bit closer I figured out the notch fits perfectly with the edge of the gearbox that goes around the nozzle. It's as like the hop up unit gets pushed up and doesn't hit the gearbox like it should. Also it looks like the nozzle is too big and doesnt fit inside the hop up unit like it should. Which is weird because both the nozzle and hop up unit are stock. I will try to provide some pictures later so this makes more sense.

Here are some pictures that might help. I had to lower the quality of them so I could upload but the fist one is the notch in the hop up. If you look closely at the bottom right corner you can see it.

post-94280-0-39240900-1491074360_thumb.jpg

This is the gearbox where it is hitting it.

post-94280-0-35358500-1491074358_thumb.jpg

This is what I think it is doing inside the gun.

post-94280-0-91802900-1491074361_thumb.jpg

And this is what I was talking about the nozzle not fitting in the hop up.

post-94280-0-34401700-1491074359_thumb.jpg

KWA made it "fool proof"

That is why you can't just swap any part into a KWA.

199-1002-M0074-KWA-KM4-Series-Air-Nozzle

However, something else is amiss and sadly its not easy to diagnose over the net.

KWA of this type is also designed as a tipper...where you can tip the upper receiver up and down.

By the abrasion on the mechbox, it did tip down snug at one point.

If your AEG is blasting the paper out...then the barrel is not seated into the hop-up correctly. You don't have the barrel in upside down do you?

Edited by Guges Mk3