WASD

Getting 51 shots out of a 11.1V 20C 1100MaH Li-Po Fully Charged,Rifle is stock King Arms Battery charger and batteries say they are good? Please HELP

Hello. I'm new to airsoft but not that new to math lol now it's my understanding I should get about 1 shot per MaH on my Li-Po Battery for my King Arms M4, Stock. It has a Mosfet. Supposed to be ideal. I'm getting 51 shots max from what my charger says is a fully charged 11.1v 1100MaH 20C Li-Po. Is my charger defective? or is it me? Please help, any advice would be great. :)

Thank You Very Much For Your Time.

Additional details is needed:

What is the end voltage reading? That is if your charger has this reading. Which brand charger?

What brand is your battery?

And the make of your mosfet?

What is your spring rate?

What is the make and brand of your motor?

All very good questions. I will get all the appropriate answers for you and post them shortly. I'm new so I don't know the answers to that right off the top of my head.

http://www.kingarms.com/product_detail.php?id=2481#

^That's a link to my exact rifle with all the specs. I wasn't able to find some of the details to answer your questions specifically maybe this will help.

Thank You for your time.

My battery is ipower and My charger is V3, it's an AEX brand I believe.

Hope that's good to start. I can't find much more on this stuff.

Edited by airborne101

I found this charger by your description.

https://www.airsoftextreme.com/products/aex-v3-lipo-life-2-3-cell-balance-charger

Sadly those chargers can be a crap shoot when its not a major brand.

Are the lights lighting up correctly?

Can you test your LIPO's voltage via a volt meter?

The next thing we need to do is get a voltage reading on your fully charged pack.

Edited by airborne101

Got it. I don't have one any longer my brothers an electrician he still has his I'll use it when he's off work. But my charger lights are functioning properly. It will say charging but in less than 20 min say it's charged. Fully. I plug it in. No clip. Fire exactly 50-52 shots before they start to die amd I risk overdischarging so I stop.

So I find the gun performance. For those 50 or so shots phenomenal. No abnormal smells and no overheating. I do not have other batteries. But I'm taking what I have into my local store to see if they will help me out here hands on. I'll be back with and update in a few hours. Thank You for your help.

Unplug the battery from your gun and let it sit for 10 min or so after doing your initial 50 shots. Then plug it back in and try shooting again. Do you get another 50ish shots out of it before it sounds like it is dying again?

Hahaha man. That's not good news! LoL I live in Sacramento Ca and they are the only AirSoft store we have LoL. The guys there are nice and knowledgeable though. The charger was absolutely the problem though, it was seriously undercharging the batteries but saying they were fully charged. But we replaced the charger and now I get at least 900 shots out of my 1000Mah and My 1100MaH Li-Po.

Thank You guys again for all your suggestions. I will be using this site again for any questions I have, you were all very quick to respond. Have a great day!

It's the MaH and C rating you want to go by right??? Like 35C is good 20C is the middle grade basically, that's what I have. The ipower logo appears cheap. But if I can get anywhere from 900 to 2000 shots out of these rifles I'd be very happy. As of now I haven't counted the full shot capability but I have 3 high cap mags I can go test it out with tomorrow.

No...its strictly capacity mah. While C rating is a variable in "letting" the power move in an out it has no major bearing on shot count.

And since you are running a 3 cells when most people only run 2 (in our region). That extra cell will lighten the draw requirements of the AEG.

You should really be getting 2000 shots out of it...but, as I said. It's Ipower/AEX. And I know they skimp on quality.

Another thing I should mention is that I have spoken to some of these LIPO factories personally. They will relabel a pack above spec for "marketing" purposes, because "....no one is actually checks them so we can can mark it up a few hundred mah..."

I told that rep that he better not do that for I will test the battery by running them down and if it doesn't fall in under a 10% range after a full recharge he is losing all of our business.

So...your pack could be 1100mah...or it could be 900mah...who knows...unless you test it and thus you need a good charger...and not your cheap no display charger.

A good charger will tell you many things about your AEG and your battery.

Edited by Guges Mk3

That is not how it works.

8-Hours of play is not a realistic variable. Because the variable you need to know is Shot Count.

A guy with a 20rps AEG is going to need a far larger capacity battery over a gal that takes semi shots from a hiding spot.

Take how many bbs you use during one day and dive that by 2. Then you can find a good pack to match.