TheItalynStalyn

Looking for a new, NON-M4 gun for Woodland Play ~$300 for GUN

Hello,

I primarily run a KWA Gen 1 m4 CQB with a TBB, mock suppressor, LiFE 9.9v battery, and 6 Mids.

Secondary loadout is a KWA MP7 with 4 mags

and finally my 3rd backup is a TM SPAS 12 stockless :angry01: with 4 shells.

That being said, I do prefer playing CQB over outdoors because I am almost always out ranged from other, hotter shooting guns. However, because I already have great setups for CQB, I am looking to get another gun that will hopefully be able to get me shooting accurately ~80yds.

I think that the best way to go about this is a full-sized rifle, and I am not opposed to an AK if it has a metal body and can take real wood.

Like the title says, I would like to keep my total purchase at around $300-$350, which will include midcaps/ extra magazines, and the gun itself. I am not opposed to a GBBR, but the cost of replacement magazines pretty much is forcing me to stay with an AEG.

I have been looking into a CYMA Galil, because I was actually able to find Mids online for $10/piece from China, but the accuracy has had me second guessing.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

***Update, Have been looking at getting an E&L AK74, but am wondering if it is worth it to pay the extra $100+ to get the E&L V2.0, or save some money and go with the "Spartan Delta V1.5"

Edited by TheItalynStalyn

Nothing shoots 100+ Yards out of the box. All AEG's can hit 50 yards out of the box 150'

Please clarify your range needs.

As for an AK...why not just buy an AK with a steel receiver and wood on it instead of adding it on?

Yes, you are correct.

I guess my ask for the moon, and settle for what's best mantra carried into this post. I would like above average range, without having to abide by strict engagement limits (<400fps).

Also, I am talking about a platform that bodes well to range/ accuracy upgradability. No matter how good your internals are, you will not be able to make an mp5k that can accurately outrange a tuned-up m14.

As for the AK comment, I would like to be able to mount an optic without those ugly side mounts/ gross rails, but that is not entirely a necessity.

Yes, you are correct.

I guess my ask for the moon, and settle for what's best mantra carried into this post. I would like above average range, without having to abide by strict engagement limits (<400fps).

Also, I am talking about a platform that bodes well to range/ accuracy upgradability. No matter how good your internals are, you will not be able to make an mp5k that can accurately outrange a tuned-up m14.

As for the AK comment, I would like to be able to mount an optic without those ugly side mounts/ gross rails, but that is not entirely a necessity.

There was a kit for the MP5K that converted it to the HK94 would render your statement invalid...but yes, a minimum barrel length was needed to stabilize the bb for flight is needed.

No AK has rails on a cover. This is due to the inability to stabilize the optics for accuracy...that is why it's side mounted. Your only option then is fore grip rails and mount optics on that.

That is definitely unique!

The only thing that I remember about ICS was that they used a strange split gearbox which was supposed to make spring changes easier. Was that only for a short time, or does that still hold true to this day?

Can anyone on here point me to a website that sells E&L AK's besides WGC shop, ASGI, or Evike?

WGC has a great looking model that caught my eye, but including shipping and midcaps, it will be ~$500. Or if anyone has other opinions on different brands of AK's that can be had for cheaper, but as still solid as a rock and perform very well. I would like to know that too.

Actually...E&L is setting up distribution in the US...stay tuned for that...but if you want something in advance...let me know.

I bet I know when you want...

These are available...

EWW gross!!!

Why does everyone have a problem with a beat up piece of steel, married to a few dark stained pieces of wood, smothered in cosmoline?

Traditional AK is only AK in my book. Lol

I'm looking at one of the AKS-74N's.

Love the look of the 74, but with the barrel length of a 47, coupled with a sturdy folding stock.

EDIT: I can see why you would suggest that, though because re-reading my posts it made it sound like an optic was a necessity. But in fact, an AK platform is the only one that I am ok with using the irons.

Edited by TheItalynStalyn
  • Upvote 1

Just an update: I recieved my brand new (to me) E&L AIMS AK gen 2.0 (47 w/ romanian handguard and wire stock) from ebay along with 6 metal mids, prommy barrel, mosfet, 2 batteries, and a chest rig for $350 shipped.

I cannot be happier with the gun as it is by far the most solid airsoft replica that I have ever held. Also, it has much more range than my current CQB primary, so I can alternate between the two.