Ed4games

Matrix AK47 Tactical (CYMA) Not working properly

Recently my airsoft AK (Matrix AK47 Tactical Airsoft AEG Rifle w/ RIS Handguard & Lipo Ready Metal Gearbox by CYMA) has not been shooting properly. It is fairly new but has problems shooting: when I fire the gun, half the time the bbs will come out at an extremely low fps or not come out at all, and sometimes they will fire as they should. In full auto, my gun will not shoot bbs for about half the time but will not make the sound of a dry fire, and when the bbs do come out again, it is usually a large cluster of 4-6. If anyone has any answers or solutions for my problem that'd be great. Also, in online reviews of the gun there was nothing concerning my problem, but I have not mishandled it at all. Thanks!

This may sound trivial, but did you clean the barrel thoroughly before you started using it? It should have come with a cleaning rod in the box, use this with a cotton strip and rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol to clean the barrel. There's usually A LOT of gunk in the barrel from the factory.

This may sound trivial, but did you clean the barrel thoroughly before you started using it? It should have come with a cleaning rod in the box, use this with a cotton strip and rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol to clean the barrel. There's usually A LOT of gunk in the barrel from the factory.

I just cleaned the barrel and magazine again just to be sure, but still no change. At one point after cleaning it (earlier today) it fired as it was supposed to, but quickly went back to jamming in the middle of my shooting. I used rubbing alcohol to clean it this time, just FYI. Any more suggestions as to why it might be firing like it is?

It's possible that the hop-up bucking or air nozzle is damaged. Are you using it with CYMA mags?

I'm using the mag that the gun came with, but the gun has been used so little that I'd be shocked if it was damaged already. Is there an easy way to check if those are damaged? (Sorry, I'm new to airsoft)

You pretty much have to remove the barrel assembly to inspect those parts. If it's new it may still have a valid warranty, so you should maybe try and take it back to the store.

Unfortunately I bought it online from Evike.com. I did send it back and request a repair, but when it was shipped back to me the report said it passed all of the tests. After getting it back after I sent it to Evike, it performed as it should for about a day, but after that it went back to jamming. All in all, I can't return it, but thanks for those suggestions, I'll try to take a look as soon as I can.