olympic

Thoughts on Cybergun SIG556

A local airsofter that hasn't played in awhile is selling off his stock Cybergun SIG556. It's been sitting for a few years. Says it always worked great for him and is bone stock. I like the look of the SIG556 but am a bit leary of Cybergun and the fact it's been sitting unused for awhile.

I searched the forum looking for info on this gun but not a lot of info out there. Seemed to be conflicting reports of which manufacturer actually produced the gun, JP or CYMA. I couldn't find anything definitive.

Concerns with this gun? Concerns with it sitting for a few years?

My other option is to wait and save some $ and look for something new. Doesn't have to be a SIG556 it's just a bit different than what you usually see out at the fields. I also like the look of the longer barrels such as SPR M4. I have all M4's so nice to re-use M4 mags.

The box is blue. I don't know who JP is, but it's referenced in other SIG556 posts on the forum. My luck with a previous CYMA M4 as you may recall was less than stellar. Anyhow, given that it is a CYMA version thoughts on this gun? Can't find a lot about it. CYMA v3 gearboxes seem pretty well proven with their AKs. Concerns with it sitting for a few years?

Its a product that CYB wanted to be made as cheap as possible. That is why they switched from KA to CYMA. It was a ~$80.00 landed AEG, I have to reiterate CYMA Did Not Make this gun it was sub-contracted out.

Sort of like the Sprinter Vans that is under the Dodge brand...its' not a Dodge, but a Mercedes Truck

Offer 100.00 for it.

I have one that I was given by a friend. I have used it several times at a local field and it has performed fairly well. Definitely better than I had expected. Runs about 380 fps, feeds the CA high caps, and MAG Mids that I run with no issues, and hasn't jammed yet. I run 11.1 lipo's, however I usually only use semi auto, or short bursts. I don't stand on the trigger.

I have one that I was given by a friend. I have used it several times at a local field and it has performed fairly well. Definitely better than I had expected. Runs about 380 fps, feeds the CA high caps, and MAG Mids that I run with no issues, and hasn't jammed yet. I run 11.1 lipo's, however I usually only use semi auto, or short bursts. I don't stand on the trigger.

Thanks for that added info.

I have the cyber cyma actualy (jp) I believe. Have had it about 3 years. With the stock 8.4 nigh it was a dog. Misfires lazy inconsistent fps on auto it chugged like a support weapon rather than a rock n roller. but generally accurate. And reliable feeding and never a jam. And impressively durable grand kids have banged the snot out it. One issue if accididently running crap bbs one shatter will smoke the bucking. When new went thru maybe 1000 1200 rounds before it got seriously rattly. Minute you get it do a full d c r ... once tighten and loc titled it has held together solidly . the forward load battery is a pain in the Arse. And the stock feed wires will degrade rapidly under heavy use. Go up at three least gauges . And get a peq batt box. I finally switched to a 11.1 lipo and holy smoke did it wake up. Shame on me I didn't fet it for maybe 5k rounds but when I did the contacts were still good. Of course I've found on my varying cybers that auto with solid fire control is far less harmful than semi. Don't ask why I'm not a tech. Imho I'd give the weapon a thumbs up at fair price, so long as you have basic mechanical skills and a willingness to tear down and tighten it up. By fair price I'd say 100 150 used with all goodies included. I can't attest to the 556 after sitting for extended period but my other sigs have spent extended time in the locker with no problems. I love my 556 it is my got to back 40 toy. Between me my kids and grands this thing has tossed easily 40k rounds. It is the one the entire family wants to use, even over the Tokyo Marui high cycle I have. I run .23 in my sigs only Chrono I have is a phone app but it says 346 to 353 354 consistently and with the 11.1 it is cycling at 18 to 21 rps. I have not had one single misfire or feed issue since upgrade if the battery... my piston gear is starting to show its age, but I can't say that upgrading the battery has actualy sped up its decline. One note I think it's a jp but I did have have some mystery paperwork in the box in German and it is a very low serial number. I may have have gotten a reboxed lost in the whse for years unit. Also it hasn't met an m4 mag yet it wouldn't accept, just have to tape em to lock them in the well better. The 556 mag well is a tad sloppy.

Edited by Boondocker