Sign in to follow this  
ConSaint

Vfc fnx or asg cz p-09?

Hi, I'm looking for a reliable green gas side arm. I've narrowed it between the asg p09 and the vfc fnx. I like the fnx look a lot more but I've already been burned for going with a cool looking gun once. I was just wonder how gas efficient the p09 is and how the accuracy is stacked up against one another.

Efficiency should be measured by one fill of the magazine gets you all the shots fired off consistently.

In both cases...both the FNX and P09 will do that.

Personally I like the P09 better.

Not liking the hack job that Cybergun did to the FNX to lower costs. By that I mean if you just kock the hammer manually the GBB Will Not Fire. Hammer will drop...but it wont fire.

You actually have to "rack" the slide to get the internally striker to kock...yeah the external hammer is purely cosmetic, a "jiggly door".

So...I would opt for the P-09.

Edited by Guges Mk3

I have to reiterate fill per mag is an irrelevant concept.

When you spend all your bbs...reload the bbs and top off the gas. This is proper use. Trying to squeeze 50 shots out of one reservoir is not logical for gas properties change with use. You want consistency...so top off at reloads.

The FNX has about 3 micro parts (trigger hammer group) that are rather fragile in the early models. Some even had alloy issues with mag swelling. But, that was two years ago and hopefully VFC fixed that when I brought it up to him...yes I worked for the evil empire...US branch.

That should mean you know ur stuff at least... now I'm interested with the p09 a little more, so I'm assuming the p09 has quality internals since it's designed to use c02 as well. This doesn't matter to me as much but I also want to know how the kick is on the p09. I'm just being picky now but in my eyes I see the p09 just a little bit better than the fnx, but the slide that rides the inside of the gun just doesnt do it for me in terms of looks. So I'm just looking for things that I could justify buying the p09 to myself. ( and Ik the fnx probably has better kick but I want the p09 to have at least a fair amount)

You can make the FNX kick better...with Azimuth upgrade parts. The BBU really helps there.

For the P09 or any gun for that matter Do Not Run CO2 if you want consistency and low cost. CO2 is very high in operational cost and not very consistent. As for operating in cold weather CO2 is not the best either.

See my video on the comparison:

CO2 MAG

GG MAG

The P09 is also very Snappy. Not so much Kick...it's just snappy.

Hopup packing can be upgraded. Inner Barrel can be upgraded too...but not all aftermarket barrels are "upgrades".

Alright that's fair. I got the information from another forum and he said he just didn't like the gun all to much. He also said the accuracy is terrible when rapid firing because of the play in the outer barrel. Idk if this is true but I will most likely end up buying the kp05. I just didn't want a disappointing gun again.

Edited by ConSaint

He speaks from lack of experience. And quite honestly...a lack of "direct" experience.

Poor accuracy under rapid fire is more from users with bad trigger discipline than an inner barrel floating inside an outer barrel.

Edited by Guges Mk3