Sign in to follow this  
lloydkristmas

So I've been out of the game for over a decade....need some guidance

I don't think I've logged in here since the early 2000's......Did the Airsoft thing through college and had a great time with it. Gotten into shooting sports and invested in real firearms at this stage of my life. We have a 100 acre ranch in central TX and myself, my son, my brother in laws, and a few others are interested in doing some casual, informal Airsoft combat out there.

My question is, what is the best option for a bone-stock weapon if I want reliability, low maintenance, decent performance (velocity FPS whatever y'all call it)? When I used to play, Tokyo Marui was the best in terms of this. Nowdays, I have no idea what's out there.

So yeah, I'm looking for the Honda Accord or Toyota Camry of Airsoft AEGs. Something I can play with for a few hours, a handful of times per year, and trust not to break or jam up.

Thanks in advance for welcoming back this ancient old member.

^

Budget model...not so good.

Hey, I recommend just reading up on articles, that's what I do before an infamous airsoft purchase. Check out this article I stumbled across, with many solid weapons and have definitely enough range to cover your 100 acres http://airsofterz.com/best-airsoft-guns/ :)

Pellet gun? Really...ignore this guy.

^Budget model...not so good.

You will get the piston on the right in this model, which is not as so good as the one on the left from Asian models. Evike goes cheap...to maximize this earnings on a brands "known" quality in other markets.

8312927780_f93c5c2cf4_b.jpg

I've seen the new Valken battle machines to actually be better than G&G CMs.

G&G CM has a zinc alloy GB shell making it extremely brittle and susceptible to cracking.

Valken BM uses steel

G&G CM has entirely stock plastic internals

Valken BM has a metal piston head, cylinder head, and o ring air seal nozzle.

G&G CM has a plastic notoriously :censored2: hopup unit

Valken BM has a steel hopup unit.

Besides all that add a 1yr unconditional parts warranty onto the Valken, and that's why it's my pick for guys looking for the best value sub 150. Honestly has everything you'd be upgrading your TM with nowadays preinstalled, besides maybe the motor. And it'll be way more friendly to upgrades than the G&G CM, should you ever decide to go that route in the future

Edited by Sith

Which model are you referring to? As a whole brand, I know for sure the parts you cite are "not" in the BM at the same price point as a CM.

Because BM's are made in Taiwan/SRC and those guys are not using Steel as you say...however, if it's a model at the say 300 price point...that is possible. Unlikely...but possible.

Side note...I would take a high precision made part in poly versus a badly made part in steel. Metal is not all that when its not made to a good precision. I cite CA parts in "metal" versus TM parts in Polymer.

It's their sportline series same price points as g&g CM. The shop I work at gets them wholesale for about $105~. The metal parts are steel and higher quality than any CYMA JG or XYT garbage I've seen. If you're old enough to remember JLS internals you know what I'm describing. Honestly working on that BM gearbox reminded me more of a KWA than a JG. I emplore you to take one down if you get the chance, I'm not easily impressed with stock internals after nearly a decade of teching.

But, a metal hopup unit is a metal hopup unit. I have yet to see one so off spec that it doesn't do it's job which is not to crack like plastic ones. It's most likely zinc alloy but hey that does the job fine for a stock gun and better than plastic would.

I think Valken is trying to capture the market CMs have dominated for awhile and honestly that metal HU and their 1yr parts warranty alone is enough to do it. The rest of the compression parts were just a pleasant surprise to me. They couldn't offer that parts warranty unless they had QC similar to echo1 where they're testing and logging everything they sell. Pretty impressive.

Edited by Sith

I was in the "industry" when the BM's came out...they were not good. Mechboxes were not steel either. It's all Zinc alloys, except for the stress pieces.

Your generalization is not true for all. A metal hop-up is not better than a well made hop-up. Again, I cite CA's loose and APS really loose units and they are metal...so in your logic that makes them good...which they are far from it.