Okay, so one of my friends has a heavily forested backyard that has become my go to place to airsoft. It is so badly forested that brush cuts off your line of sight after a few yards, making it like your fighting in a jungle. One of my favorite game modes is free for all. The tension is exiting, and it revolves around your skill as a player. At the same time it is hard, and, most of the time, I resort to camping (which my friends aren't fond of).

With that said, what are the best tactics when playing solo in thick wilderness?(besides camping) Also, What's the best way to fight campers in ghuillie suits? What's the best way to deal with teams of enemies?

Thanks.

I try to stay close to the edges. That means I only have three sides to worry about. Granted, it cuts off one avenue of escape, but I find the benefit of not having to watch one side outweighs that.

And slow down. Most of what catches the human eye is the fast, jerky movement of someone going to fast. Just like the tortoise, slow and steady wins the race...

For general free-for-all, last-man-standing types of games, remember that while you may start alone, you don't have to play alone.

For example, if you see two others before they see you, try to lead them into each other by throwing a rock or other method of making some noise where you aren't (ie. where the rock lands). Once you've got them to engage each other, stay hidden and wait. Take them both out, or take out the one remaining.

Likewise, just because everyone else is your enemy doesn't mean you can't communicate or negotiate. Remember in WWII how we had to work with the Russians (our enemies) to defeat an even greater enemy at the time (the Nazis). So let's say you find yourself in a stalemate with another player, you're both aware of each other and neither has the advantage. You can fight it out (50/50 chance you will win) or you can think of the larger game. If you can negotiate a mutually agreeable settlement, ie. "we'll work together for now, and settle our differences later" then both of you just increased your chance of winning the larger game. Sure you will have to watch your back, but you have to do that anyways.

I remember one game where we formed a similar alliance during a 4-way battle that would have inevitably ended as a loss for at least three of us. We even agreed that when only our alliance remained, we'd settle it with a game of Russian Roulette (using an airsoft revolver, of course). The fact we had four people kept everyone in line, each member knew that if he tried to backstab the group, even if he succeed it would be two versus one. We all survived to the end and while I didn't win, I had at least a 25% chance of winning which was better odds than had I done the lone wolf thing the whole game.

If you want fun games, you have to structure your games with objectives and/or reward kills. When we do "every man for himself", we'll play games like 'freeze tag' (if hit you have to stop moving, freeze in place, and touching another player who is frozen converts him to your side). We don't do last-man-standing because that just results in a bunch of people camping all day.