Sign in to follow this  
Ralphguy

Which DMR or Sniper to get?

In airsoft, the quote, "You get what you pay for" holds true. I suggest saving up more money and investing in a good sniper. I got a $400 sniper and my friend got a $200 sniper. Mine perfoms better than his, is more accurate, has lasted longer, and has a higher fps. It can shoot .69 gram bbs at 500 FPS.

So, in other words, your sniper rifle would not be allowed at 90% of airsoft fields.

OP, I agree with the others, either save up more money or consider buying a second hand gun, you also need to give us more details.

Edited by Lefse

I expect that would mean 500fps measured with 0.2g BBs. 500fps with 0.69g BBs is 8 joules which is getting on for the output of a hunting air rifle and potentially extremely dangerous. It is also unlikely from an Airsoft gun. But if that's what your gun is shooting, and you're pointing it at people I suggest you stop immediately before someone is seriously hurt and you're arrested.

Edited by Hangtight

I expect that would mean 500fps measured with 0.2g BBs. 500fps with 0.69g BBs is 8 joules which is getting on for the output of a hunting air rifle and potentially extremely dangerous. It is also unlikely from an Airsoft gun. But if that's what your gun is shooting, and you're pointing it at people I suggest you stop immediately before someone is seriously hurt and you're arrested.

I didn't think about the joules. I haven't shot anyone yet, just done the FPS checker. You're right, I should've thought that through more.

I didn't think about the joules. I haven't shot anyone yet, just done the FPS checker. You're right, I should've thought that through more.

I'm glad that you've taken a moment to stop and think, before someone got hurt. Please take the time to understand what field limits are and how they work. Certainly before you go making recommendations to other new players.

No field with safety rules will allow a rifle to shoot 500fps with .69bbs, ever. Renegade fields...sure...but you play at your own risk.

Also, what is your power source? No frame in airsoft have I seen the ability to hit 500fps with .69g and hold together for more than 4 shots....

As for the .69g BB...to get them this heavy...they better not be sneaking Lead Powder back into the formula and I didn't think Stainless Steel Powder could get this heavy.