viperbo21

Upgrade some old MP5s

It's been over 10 years and I'm trying to get back into airsoft. I actually called my Mom back home to find my old stuff and ship it to me. I have a TM MP5K and a ICS MP5A4. I wanted to know what my upgrade options are for them. A lot of the posts that I find for the mp5 are years old. I want to get the mp5k at around 350 fps. Skys the limit with the A4.

I haven't gotten the guns in yet but I think I put a EJ1000 motor in the K and had redwolf airsoft put metal gears in. In addition I remember putting a longer barrel on the mp5k that was hidden by a mock silencer.

What's lipo doing these days for airsoft?

Any direction on upgrading these guns? The field I normally go to would allow semi only and only allows 350 fps but I can use a TM muzzle reducer if I go over, I would like to be able to have a fast ROF in semi. Converting to Polarstar is too much $$$.

Edited by viperbo21

TM muzzle reducers do not work, except in slow semi shots..

When you get your stuff, post pictures and ask. For right now...you need to get the barrel over 230mm to get near 350fps without straining your AEG.

TM AEG's had metal gears in stock form. Are you referring to Steel gears? Versus the sintered/cast AL gears?

Is the ICS the Gen with the QD lower?

Lipos are widely used by experienced players. And have come a long way for durability, size and performance. There is a Mini Sized 2S Lipo that has 2600mah, more linear discharge, yet...no inexperienced player will use it due to all the junk advice on the internet.

Motor technology has far advance over 10 years ago. Now you have 45K motors and that gives you 25rps on a stock 2S lipo. Back in the day you needed HS gears to do the same thing

Edited by Guges Mk3

So, they replaced already decent steel gears with a different brand of steel gears and called it a durability upgrade? A few years ago a guy hired me to repair his Tm P90 that had been upgraded by Redwolf. They had done such sloppy work that the gearbox had to be entirely rebuilt with a new gearbox shell.

So, they replaced already decent steel gears with a different brand of steel gears and called it a durability upgrade? A few years ago a guy hired me to repair his Tm P90 that had been upgraded by Redwolf. They had done such sloppy work that the gearbox had to be entirely rebuilt with a new gearbox shell.

Yea, but this was in 06 or 07. They may have put other things in it too, I just can't remember it was so long ago.

I guess I'll ask in a different way:

What spring/motor/battery with 229mm barrel and Guarder Bore Up Kit to get 350 fps out of the MP5K? Should I take the motor out of my ICS and put it in here?

What spring/motor/battery with standard A4 length barrel, Guarder Bore Up Kit, Gate Titan MOSFET, for the fastest semi-auto fire around 350-400 FPS?

Edited by viperbo21

No need for a bore up kit, just use a regular cylinder ported for that barrel length. With a 229mm barrel I doubt you'll need more than an M110 and a piston assembly weighing 20-25 grams, an M110 spring might actually give more than 350 FPS. I'd combine a 22TPA motor(ZCI or ASG) with SHS 4th gen. 12:1 ratio gears and a 50+ amp 11.1V li-po, GUges will probably disagree though, but we can't always agree hehe. With a combination like that you can achieve 10rps or more in semi auto with the right trigger mods, so I'd call that quite fast trigger response. All of this depends on proper shimming etc.

LEFSE, as I said before your an "Artiste"...not many can do the magic as you explain it.

My view is middle or low ground simple, but it's good that we don't always agree for that gives others options.

My suggestion would just drop in a 45K motor and a spring of choice to get the FPS you want.

An ICS MP5 QD lower is the one they made that is similar to the TM G3 at the time. Pop the front pin and the stock pin and the whole lower separates out. It came out in the early 2000's.

2S Lipo link - https://www.helixairsoft.com/search?q=2s+Lipo

If you buy a lipo from the above location, put a note in the order about it and they will send you one free.

Edited by Guges Mk3

I'm not saying your ways are wrong, we simply have different approaches to things and that's okay. Your solution is definitely simpler and will get the job done very well. We have different perspectives on how to upgrade AEG's, that's just the way it is. I do respect your insight into the airsoft industry, you definitely know more of what goes on "behind the scene" than most of us.

That 2 cell li-po is definitely compact for it's capacity and discharge rating.