Sign in to follow this  
Lorso

please HELP! KWA ATP slide locked severely!

Hi,

This is my first time posting so please bear with me, but I really need some help. I just bought two used KWA ATPs, I was messing around with them and trying to get to know the guns better and I ended up messing up one bad. I switched the spring guides thinking they would be the same.. Not the case. I think I didn't put it in right and when I went to pull back the slide the guide went out of position and jammed. I can't move the slide in either direction no matter how hard I try. I tried pulling the spring guide forward, even going as far as pulling on them with vice grips, but to no avail. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've already considered just breaking it by hitting the slide hard on a table or something. But the guide is an upgraded metal one so I don't think that will do anything. PLEASE HELP!! DX

post-94899-0-37099600-1507433029_thumb.jpg

post-94899-0-50625100-1507433045_thumb.jpg

First off the spring guide "should" be compatible.

Rather...there are other issues.

What has happened is your hammer is in the UP position and is preventing you from moving the slide forward.

You need to slip a small 2mm Allen wrench in from the back and hook it around the hammer and pull it down to :censored2: it. Then your slide will come forward.

Also noting you have a gold threaded barrel is that an Angel Custom unit?