Bigmike4098

Wells mbo8

Ok I'm new to airsoft I love to snipe so I got the mbo8. I though I would have better range and accuracy then 100 feet. Iv read up on better barrels better hop up chamber, and upgrades to the bolt. But I don't know of what the good brands are or what I can really do to get the longest more accurate shot. What do you guys sagjest?

Sadly,

You will have a steep learning curve about Airsoft.

First we "all" shoot the 6mm ball. What the gun looks like has absolutely no bearing on its ability for range and accuracy. What you have is a Bolt Action Rifle in "stock" form.

350fps at the muzzle is 350fps at the muzzle regardless of barrel length. That means a pistol that shoots a bb at 350fps has the same range as your bolt action rifle and in some cases, it may have more range due to the hop-up.

As far as brand go WELL is not very good. It is mediocre at best. To get your BAR - Bolt Action Rifle to perform better and out range all similar 6mm bb dispensers, you will need to buy $350+ in aftermarket parts.

The only way to get an out of the box sniper with more range is to go Gas. KJW M700 for example and then you will need to learn about gas. Which gas for which pressure levels and shooting which bb.

So...how do you want to start? How much is your upgrade budget?

Well right now I don't mind spending the money. I like the rifle I have and want to up grade it. I just put in a spring and piston kit. It had 450ish fps stock. But now when I try to a just the hop up it go's up even with the hop up adjusted all the way out it go up. I'm shooting the .2 6mm bbs. I will be using .43 in game tho. But I can't see them to a just. What is the best up grades I can do to get the best accuracy.

.2g bbs are way to light.

You will need to start at .28g minimum, and work up from there.

Best upgrades for that thing is durability upgrades. It's legacy componentry is weak and will fail sooner than later if not replaced in a timely manner.

Have you cleaned your stock barrel with a solvent? Every WELL I have seen has had a very dirty factory barrel. On some models it took over 8 swabs with alcohol to get the barrel clean.

As for upgrades, that are easy, get very good bbs. Then a new hop-up packing (aka "bucking" the misnomer for a "packing"). Unless you trust your existing packing to deliver bbs down range consistently.

And always take advantage of the free upgrades on "skill".

Edited by Guges Mk3

One step at a time.

Throwing to many parts at it all at once is asking for trouble. Nothing in Airsoft is 100% compatible with WELL's.

No need to swap a decent barrel for another decent barrel and be out money.

Until you settle on what brand and type of bb you chose to shoot. You should not just "buy" a barrel. Buying a 100.00 TBB and then shooting crappy bbs through it will make your accuracy even worse that in stock configuration,.

These are blow guns and thus you need to think before you just start changing parts.

Sorry not a good bb.

Game Face anything is cheap, fleece the new player products.

You would be better off using the bbs below and a TBB barrel would not play nice with GF bbs.

Try these instead.

https://www.PLEASE DO NOT LINK TO EBAY SITES. COPY AND PASTE AD DETAILS HERE - THEIR ADS GO AWAY AFTER 90 DAYS/itm/BLS-Perfect-Airsoft-43g-BIO-BBs-White-BB-0-43g-43-0-43-6mm-1000CT-/263216237490

Edited by Guges Mk3

PDI Laylax, but those barrel cost as much as your BAR.

But honestly...do not go and just buy a barrel. It will not help your accuracy or range in any significant manner.

These are blow guns with smooth bore barrels that MUST have the bb float through it on a cushion of air versus a rifled firearm where the barrel MUST contact the bullet to improve range and accuracy.

As mentioned, better bbs and a better hop-up packing and nub.

Start with the bbs...see how they shoot out of your cleaned barrel and packing.

If still poor range and consistency. switch to a better packing of a suitable degree, I prefer soft 60 degree. Allows for finer adjustment at the sacrifice of durability. Who cares if you need to change the packing after 10,000 rounds.

Hey are you seeing a pattern here? Its not alike a video game, where you snap in parts and you get performance boosts. The gun is s system and you have to adjust in small increments based on the items and material that you use.