Sign in to follow this  
shooterdie

G and G m14 EBR accuracy upgrades

Okay so after some research I know that the best things for accuracy is the barrel, hop up and chamber along with dyi mods. Unfortunately I havent found any forum pages dedicated to my m14 so I have questions for anyone who has modified their m14's. which dyi mods did you do? which barrel would be recommended for the m14 ebr long, and which hop up chamber, nub, arm and bucking is best? I am content with the 370 fps, I like having the versatility of close combat gaming. as of now this thing is super decent up until around 130-150 feet

Barrel is the least factor in accuracy.

Hop-up functionality and packing is number 1.

BB quality is number 2

Barrel is number 3

As for mods...it depends on your needs. If you just want better range and accuracy. Get a Maple Leaf packing based on the bbs you shoot.

So...with that...what brand of bbs do you shoot?

Barrel is the least factor in accuracy.

Hop-up functionality and packing is number 1.

BB quality is number 2

Barrel is number 3

As for mods...it depends on your needs. If you just want better range and accuracy. Get a Maple Leaf packing based on the bbs you shoot.

So...with that...what brand of bbs do you shoot?

that's a great question, I believe I want to start shooting better quality bb's but I still don't know which to go. I shooot valken but they seem not the best.

Valken is Mediocre at best. They contract to the lowest bidder to have the bbs made. Its the same for Elite Force.

One batch can be good, but they get it for .002 cents cheaper per ball they will switch to another supplier and the tolerances change or level of finishing.

This is true, tried a batch of Elite Force .30g BB's, recently, the qality was so poor they didn't even feed properly. I do not understand why people recommend these. The best brands I'e used so far are G&G and King Arms, I suspect that they are made at that same factory.

That's what I suspected, they look the same and perform the same. Do you know of other brands made by that factory? They seem to be one of the better manufacturers out there, and would be good to have alternative sources when G&G and KA BB's are sold out. Other brands or manufacturers you'd recommend? I don't consider this off topic since this is relevant information for the OP.

That facility is rather small. They have their off the shelf recipe that get rebranded under multiple names.

Then they also do "custom" recipes like Azimuth, which are made at the same facility, but the bb recipe for their bbs are "not" shared with other brands.

Swiss Arms is also made there and are the same bbs as KA.

Okay guys srry for the late response, I havent been able to get on this forum for like 3 months. anyway after doing tons of research I finally opened the mech box, replaced the no. 14 oring on the piston head, replaced the oring on the cylinder head. my compression at first was so bad, that when I plugged the cylinder port, the piston would just fall into the cylinder with nothing more than gravity. so I fixred my compression issue, checked it with air nozzle and tappet plate in place and damn is that compression nice. just put it all back together. nothing else in that mech box has been changed out. however I do have my hop up chamber over at z custom airsoft for an rhop mod with a pdi 6.05 509 mm barrel. also, as of a few weeks ago this gun only shot 330 fps. so hopefully I'll see not only a huge consistency increase, but also atleast over 350 fps. I would like this gun shooting some where close to 400 fps. I wil use g and g bb's from now on. what can I expect for accuracy and range?