hellion_blade

Whos here? Chime in!

Hey guys. who else is still around? I have this site as one of my homepages when I open chrome so I get to see our forum rot daily lol
What are you doing in airsoft lately? I haven't played in a few years now but the last thing I did was fix my g36 only for the selector switch to fall off as soon as I test fired it. Not to mention my trigger not returning in semi. 😕 
get any new equipment this year?
how'd you like it?

Just wanted to get a thread going to liven the place up a bit. 🙂

I lurk. To be honest, Im slowing down with airsoft and getting into firearms. I still play occasionally, but not as much. Same goes with working on guns. 

Admin is taking a crack and bringing this place back, and I for one would love to see it back as the active metropolis that it was. I certainly hope with FB cracking down on airsoft sales and groups in general that it drives people back to the forums. 

Life has slowed down my airsoft gaming in the last year.  I grew tired of producing Ops, something I have done for the last ten years.  Mostly due to the changing player base.  Players didn't want tactical game play anymore, they want speedball.  I don't produce those kinds of games.  Plus my school is growing and I needed to be there more.  Add a firearms instruction side business, wife, two special needs kids, and a bad hip and it slowed me down a lot.  But I had the hip replacement surgery done in February and am getting back into promoting small, local games.  Hopefully the forums can do the same and come back as well!

I've been on a nostalgia kick this week. First, I rediscovered Arnie's and all the quality information therein. Now I'm back here after somehow successfully guessing my password.

I joined this forum nearly 15 years ago. Since then, I finished high school, enlisted, went to Iraq, came back, went to college, got an engineering degree, and now am working full time. No wife and kids to compete for my time, so I find myself playing at Ballahack Airsoft (in Virginia) every weekend, just as I have for the past 10 years.

It's funny. I'm not a very nostalgic person, but I sometimes pine for the simple days. Back before impressions dictated all my equipment purchases and owning a machine gun was a pipe dream. Back when the "ultimate in firepower" was a KWA Mac 11 with a spare mag.

I wish forums would make a comeback. Facebook sucks for finding old, useful information.

• Upvote 1

I took a break from airsoft about 4 years back. I was still working at Walmart while sloooooowwwwly getting my drafting degree, and thus my hours and days off never gave me time to airsoft. Sold or gave away all my gear/guns but never officially said ‘farewell’ to the hobby. During the last 4yrs I got into collecting and customizing higher-end action figures. It was a fun hiatus rekindling some nostalgia of figures from beloved franchises, but now that I’m starting to make good money as a draftsman with weekends off I’ve finally decided to get back into the sport. Out from one rabbit hole and back into another... XP

13 hours ago, airborne101 said:

Welcome back Klash! Are you an architectural drafter or mechanical/engineering drafter?

Thanks! I’m mechanical, using SolidWorks at work and in my free time.

Yeah, I tried it once but couldn’t figure out the interface. Then again, I was just tinkering during downtime and probably would have been able to understand it if I just watched some YouTube tutorials, heh.