swatti

4 barrel semi-auto, shell based shotgun - Who wants one?

Due to Facebooks crusade against freedom speech, I don't mind coming back to good old discussion boards.

Meet the "Oppressor" - a modern version of the "Winchester Liberator" 

6RyKDgm.jpg

- 4 barrels of happiness in semi-auto. 
- Pulling rear-sight back breaks open the action. 
- Mandetory tacticool rail for mounting something useless. 
- Each trigger-pull fires the next barrel in sequence.
- AEG M4 compatible pistol-grip
- Rail for mounting a forwards grip (grip will also be supplied)
- Working extractor
- 3D printed

Can use APS and PPS gas shells. This allowed me to focus on mechanical parts instead of building a firing-system as the shells are self-contained. PPS shells could use an inner-barrel setup and one is being designed. Personally I would suggest using APS shells as they are low maintenance. PPS shells also "backfire" so using them with Co2 is a no-no. APS shells on Co2 are fine.

The grey areas in the pic are 3D printed parts. The grip used in the very first was an AEG M4 grip. All guns will have a 3D printed one. Front grip will also be supplied. Pulling the forward-grip back will move the ejector and expose the shells. Removing a small limiter will fully eject the shells.

This gun is the first serial-produced airsoft gun made in Finland. 3D modeled and printed by yours truly. This project has been in the making for the past year or so.
First batch will about dozen guns and at the time of writing this six have been assembled and tested. Each gun is assembled by hand and tested.

Due to limitations of 3D printing material thickness is quite high. Most walls are 3mm or thicker. Material is "PETG" as in similar to what soda-bottles use. Its impact-resistant and flexes before it cracks. Bodies of the first batch has been painted in matte-black. Un-painted has nasty shine on it, plan is to paint the rest if schedule allows.
These are indeed 3D printed and I have no intention of hiding it. The printing "layers" are very visible. Printing time for the entire unit is roughly 35 hours.

Each component under stress is reinforced with steel screws or extra material-thickness. For example the hinge is both very thick and has a steel screw acting as a stopper.
The mechanism locking the action is also reinforced with a steel screws. 2 screws align next to each other when the action is closed. Zero wobble and the rear sight slides over the second screw locking the action in place. Its contact-surface is reinforced with screw also, just in case. 
By adjusting these screws you can define how stiff the locking action is.

The outer barrels are industrial alu-tubes in 22mm and cut into lenght. They are held in by screws that attach the hinge. And yes, they will be left matte-silver as they look cool.

bqrRxWE.jpgNwaFK5K.jpgaxWhLtb.jpg

The first ones are ready for a new home at 200€ + shipping. Full support and spares aviable if needed.
Some custom components have been planned such as a AEG buffer compatible rear-end. 

I've done as much testing as I can, now its up the next owners to take this to the next level. 

I'l keep this as an R&D topic.

Any questions, suggestions, or comments are welcome.