Sign in to follow this  
stuhast18

Airsoft Japan

Hi everyone,

Im starting an airsoft team, due to all the airsoft teams heer being japanese, and I cant speak japanese fluently enough, im going to start my own Gaijin team (foriegners)

Newbies will be welcome, and I have spare guns and armour I can lend to first timers

anyone interested can drop me a line at

stuhast18PLEASE DO NOT POST EMAIL ADDRESSES IN YOUR MESSAGES - USE THE PM SYSTEMhotmail.com

thanks

stu

Guest CaptainPlastic

Don't be too quick to form a GAIKOKUJIN only team. You'll only end up seeming more like a foreigner for excluding Japanese people.

:a-salute:

Don't be too quick to form a GAIKOKUJIN only team. You'll only end up seeming more like a foreigner for excluding Japanese people.

Im not exlcuding japanese people, but I cant really join a japanese team because I cant properly communicate with them, anyone that speaks english is welcome to join, ive already got a 3 person team, but I want to get more players

Guest CaptainPlastic
Im not exlcuding japanese people, but I cant really join a japanese team because I cant properly communicate with them, anyone that speaks english is welcome to join, ive already got a 3 person team, but I want to get more players

Once you're in the field all you need is hand signals to communicate, and most serious airsofters in Japan know their hand signals.

whatever happened to the Gaijin team that was around a few years ago that was operating in the Tokyo area. It was big and had affiliations with Arnie's.

Once you're in the field all you need is hand signals to communicate, and most serious airsofters in Japan know their hand signals.

But what about off the field? Most airsofters are friends on and off the field. . At least with my team we are. . .

I am in a similar perdicament anyway as I am not fluent in Romanian but have few communication problems except when the people on the other team are blatantly cheating.

Guest CaptainPlastic
But what about off the field? Most airsofters are friends on and off the field. . At least with my team we are. . .

You've just got to be aware that you're in another country and learn a bit of the language. Most Japanese people know a bit of English but they feel embarrased about their abilities. If you try a bit of Japanese, (or Romanian...but not in Japan) it should break the ice and you should hear some broken English coming back.

Maybe investing in Japanese Rosetta stone would be a good idea(I plan on it this summer as I am learning Japanese too) to learn the basics quite fast. Hey Cpt.Plastic, how come you don't add me on YIM? :a-crazy:

Guest CaptainPlastic
Hey Cpt.Plastic, how come you don't add me on YIM? :a-crazy:

What's YIM?

Guest CaptainPlastic
Yahoo Instant Messenger

Ah. I'm afraid I don't use Yahoo.

As for language problems, as soon as the Vogons come back I'll pick up a new Babelfish.

Guest CaptainPlastic
Hello there,

I am stationed here in japan, I just got here in FEB. I am interested in starting up in this sport. I live about 45 mins away from tokyo on the odakyu line.

Greg

P.S. Nihongo o wakarimasu.

Nihongo o wakarimasu ka? Ii desu ne!

The next time you're going in the direction of Tokyo we'll talk about some fine places to go to empty your wallet. There are many...too many. Asobit, Echigoya, the custom slide shop that SniperX told me about with the name I can't remember, Supergun....ahh.

Nihongo o wakarimasu ka? Ii desu ne!

The next time you're going in the direction of Tokyo we'll talk about some fine places to go to empty your wallet. There are many...too many. Asobit, Echigoya, the custom slide shop that SniperX told me about with the name I can't remember, Supergun....ahh.

Arigatou gozaimasu.

Honto ni? Watashi wa tookyoo ni shuu-matsu ikimasu.

ehh..... my wallet is allready empty as it is >.>

I would appreciate hearing about those places, I would love to get a good weapon. As far as gear goes, I pretty much have that taken care of.

:a-crazy:

Guest CaptainPlastic
I would appreciate hearing about those places, I would love to get a good weapon.

My recent findings are...

Echigoya, the custom slide shop (no name but awesome collection of metal slides and option parts), Asobit and Supergun are all in Akihabara. The SCW shop is in Shibuya if you're looking for a fine pistol, as is Phantom (good for CTU and RE gear).

Echigoya is probably the cheapest place to get a new AEG in stock or upgraded form and has excellent workshop facilities. Asobit is also a great store near the station but is more of a standard shop type place. They make you wear gloves when you look at the scopes though which adds an air of quality to the place. Supergun is OK but didn't have the ammount of stock I was after. The Tokyo branch is more of an RC store that also sells guns, so if you need a charger that's the place to find it. If you need some breathtaking slides for pistols....the shop with no name....near Ehigoya.

Hey all - just to let you know that there is an alternative to getting tha bablefish!

We are a group of bi-lingual survival gamers who meet once a month on average - we have 14 regular members at present but would always be interested in more.

goto our new team forum for further info -Equally if you all have a game going feel free to invite us.

Cheers

d13

Edited by LOCKEDANDLOADED

I just came across this thread, pretty cool.

I have been living in Okinawa for three years and have been playing Airsoft for 2 1/2 yrs. Im on a Japanese team (mosly half breeds) I don't know alot of Japanes, enough to get by. Im the only full American on our team and due to the fact that most guys speak fluent English helps. I still feel presure to study more. Every single Japanese person that I have meet is patient in helping me understand whats going on.

Do any of you guys ever get over to Okinawa???

Hey out of curiosity, how much does a TM G36C cost over there? Is it about the same? I ask because I hope to one day go to Japan and visit, I plan on buying a AEG and sending it back over here if it is decently cheap. even if it isn't cheap, how do you pass up the chance to visit Japan?

Hey out of curiosity, how much does a TM G36C cost over there? Is it about the same? I ask because I hope to one day go to Japan and visit, I plan on buying a AEG and sending it back over here if it is decently cheap. even if it isn't cheap, how do you pass up the chance to visit Japan?

Well In Okinawa, in town about $250, online $180 + shipp.

I might think about starting a mailorder service....HAHA

Im not sure about shipping from Japan to the States.

Well In Okinawa, in town about $250, online $180 + shipp.

I might think about starting a mailorder service....HAHA

Im not sure about shipping from Japan to the States.

Oh, buying in town is more expensive than buying from ehobbyasia for the G36C. But the mailorder service seems like a good idea. Do you have any websites that are in English. (of course I mean web sites in Japan but written in English)

Hi everyone,

Im starting an airsoft team, due to all the airsoft teams heer being japanese, and I cant speak japanese fluently enough, im going to start my own Gaijin team (foriegners)

Newbies will be welcome, and I have spare guns and armour I can lend to first timers

anyone interested can drop me a line at

stuhast18PLEASE DO NOT POST EMAIL ADDRESSES IN YOUR MESSAGES - USE THE PM SYSTEMhotmail.com

thanks

stu

I'm in Tokyo, I live in Shibuya. I am currently on tour with a show in Japan. I will be in Tokyo, Sendai, Osaka, Fukouka and Nagoya. I leave Tokyo in May. Let me know when you guys plan to play. Count me in.

You got mail.

J

hey there. I am living in Japan too, but in the Hokuriku Area (more specifically, Toyama Prefecture). I'm new to this sort of thing, but have been interestedina while.

however, Tokyo is a bit far, and I don't usually make my way to the east side of Honshu very often (maybe once a year for conferences). anyone know of any Airsoft groups on the West side over here? I was reluctant to start another thread about this.

I was referred to this place by my cousin. nice to meet you all! :a-famerican: