Sign in to follow this  
zzhummelzz

I Have My Gun...now What?

1. Red dots help some people more than others. I personally find it easier to use than ironsights. This is only if you have it zeroed in correctly.

2. Dischargers are necessary for NiCd batteries to discharge before storage. NiMh batteries don't need to be discharged.

3. Yes, it is bad to reuse BBs.

1. Red dots help some people more than others. I personally find it easier to use than ironsights. This is only if you have it zeroed in correctly.

2. Dischargers are necessary for NiCd batteries to discharge before storage. NiMh batteries don't need to be discharged.

3. Yes, it is bad to reuse BBs.

Hi mate ive got an MP5K to, they are really nice, but I hate mp5 iron sights, so I installed a red dot sight and it makes such a difference.

also, once your bb falls on the ground, unless you are inside the house, don't pick it up and put itin your gun, it will just jam up or worse

Its not a "need to" to lube it, but its not a bad idea, make sure the battery is fully charged, make sure all the visable moving parts are lubed, just like a tune up. with shipping in the winter and bad weather as it is, it could give the gun a hard time.

Edited by magnumcalib

"A decharger is necessary for Ni-Cd batteries before storage". Does that mean anytime I'm not using it, or just if it's going away for a long time? Also, does anyone know the charging time for a 8.4V Hyper Command Ni-Cd battery?

Usually just shipping them and stuff, long term storage ya know.

Have fun with your MP5. TM is an excelent company, as you can probably tell so far.

Lubes are just keeping everything moving smoothly. If you think about it, guns are just a bunch of moving parts, so the smoother they move, the better the gun operates.

Your lucky to have that MP5. MP5s are nice pieces of work. You'll have a lot of fun with it.

Alright well I lubed up the barrel and mag a bit. I'm having a few problems however:

-The front part of the gun (with the grip) will not come off easily, and I feel like I'm forcing it too much.

-Sometimes the gun won't fire on semi-auto mode, so I have to switch to auto mode then back. It's not like the safety is on...the trigger pulls back but nothing happens.

-I broke the loader thing, I guess because I pushed it too hard. It's still usable though. Does anyone have a quick fix/alternative for that?

Alright well I lubed up the barrel and mag a bit. I'm having a few problems however:

-The front part of the gun (with the grip) will not come off easily, and I feel like I'm forcing it too much.

-Sometimes the gun won't fire on semi-auto mode, so I have to switch to auto mode then back. It's not like the safety is on...the trigger pulls back but nothing happens.

-I broke the loader thing, I guess because I pushed it too hard. It's still usable though. Does anyone have a quick fix/alternative for that?

the front grip: just force it. With time it'll get easier to remove/replace.

The semi jams... chronic issue with the Mp5K. Mine does it all the time.

-Well on my MP5K PDW it takes a tiny bit of force because the wire just needs a nudge. But make sure you pull the pin out first.. common mistake, and it's HORRIBLE when they break (fairly expensive, from what I understand)

-I had the same problem after I upgraded my gun. I suggest getting a 9.6 volt 1100-3000mAh battery, and then use THIS WEBSITE to install the battery properly.

-Not quite sure what 'the loader thing' is. Please be a little bit more descriptive and I'd be happy to help!

It camme with the gun. It's basically a tube for BBs that you stick on the magazine then push the BBs down into the mag with a plastic rod.

OHHH thoughs things, I was thinking you broke the magwell, I was like ?????? how???? but as long as it is that feed tube you fine, I am pretty sure there are replacements around. Or better yet, get on of these

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...tegory?menu1=19

The BB loading tool, they are fast easy and compact.