Southern Cross

Tanaka M700 Series (a.I.c.s.) Outer Barrel

Okay...I've been drooling on and playing with my Tanaka M700 AICS ever since it arrived yesterday. I love it! This is my third sniper rifle, first the PSG-1 (Went through three...I break them!), then the G-Spec (The Best), and now the AICS. The AICS is quickly looking like it will take top honors in my sniper arsenal. I wanted a serious scope for it since it is such a beautiful gun. I know you don't need one, relax, I'm going for looks. I went with a Leapers (Guarder NB-27). Its huge...real huge. Its making the AICS barrel look a little small. I could easily cure the problem with a suppressor but want to put the Type 96 Type B Flash Suppressor on it. Its about 2-3 inches and may solve the problem. I haven't cracked it open to put the adapter in yet so I'm not sure. I want to add a longer barrel for it. The only barrels I can find for the M700 Series are the ones from G&P that look like the same length. They have a short model and the standard model with the SR25 adapter included. Does anyone know where I can find a longer barrel for the M700? Something tells me if I have to have one made it would cost more than the whole rig!

I think all Tanaka gas sniper rifle barrels are the same, so just see if you can find a long one.

or maybe these guys can make you a custom barrel:

http://www.deescustoms.com/prod_custom-barrels.html

I'm just having a hard time finding a long barrel for any Tanaka rifle. Thanks for the link. That place is pretty cool. I'll keep an eye on them to see if they come out with anything sweet I can use. I'll also drop them a line and see if they can machine an outer barrel for me. Man I bet that's going to be expensive.

Man...this is an old thread...I figured out all of my AICS problems awhile ago. In case anyone needed to know...the AICS barrel is completely different from any other M700 made by Tanaka. It has the same barrel as Tanaka's M24. Important to know if you want to add a flash hider or suppressor to your AICS. The M24 thread adapter fits the AICS. You just need to take the O Rings off of your AICS barrel plug and put them on the M24 thread adapter. You also need to Dremel two rings around the thread adapter in order to hold the O Rings in place.

Man...this is an old thread...I figured out all of my AICS problems awhile ago. In case anyone needed to know...the AICS barrel is completely different from any other M700 made by Tanaka. It has the same barrel as Tanaka's M24. Important to know if you want to add a flash hider or suppressor to your AICS. The M24 thread adapter fits the AICS. You just need to take the O Rings off of your AICS barrel plug and put them on the M24 thread adapter. You also need to Dremel two rings around the thread adapter in order to hold the O Rings in place.

how exactly did you get the barrel tip off? mine doesnt seem to want to come off... otherwise you're right with the whole m24 ordeal...

and did you end up with an outerbarrel like you wanted?

how exactly did you get the barrel tip off? mine doesnt seem to want to come off... otherwise you're right with the whole m24 ordeal...

and did you end up with an outerbarrel like you wanted?

This is a very old thread. Last post was 3 months ago. You should PM him and ask instead of necro posting.

Man...I missed this one...I've got to keep a better eye on the forum. I was going to PM you but I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else needed to know. The tip can be tough to get off. I actually used a coathanger...carefully. I bent the coathanger on one end to make it stonger after straightening it out...not quite in half but a good bit. Just stick your coathanger rig in through the "breach" and carefully keep pushing until it pops off. Just be careful not to trash the tip. My KM tightbore fits snug inside the tip...if you have any kind of fraying/burs or anything like that your power and accuracy will take a dive.

Man...I missed this one...I've got to keep a better eye on the forum. I was going to PM you but I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else needed to know. The tip can be tough to get off. I actually used a coathanger...carefully. I bent the coathanger on one end to make it stonger after straightening it out...not quite in half but a good bit. Just stick your coathanger rig in through the "breach" and carefully keep pushing until it pops off. Just be careful not to trash the tip. My KM tightbore fits snug inside the tip...if you have any kind of fraying/burs or anything like that your power and accuracy will take a dive.

thanks that's what I needed to know... /salute