SlabGizor117

Boneyard M14 has some super sketchy wiring. Advice?

https://m.imgur.com/a/HWpGAwQ

So I got a boneyard M14 but I’m only familiar with V2 gearboxes.  The wiring goes straight from the motor to the MOSFET and the MOSFET control wires go straight from the trigger back to the MOSFET.  That’s definitely not how a V2 gearbox would be wired but considering the wires are soldered to the motor rather than plugged in like normal, I’m guessing someone did some crazy sketchy redneck engineering.  Right?  What’s the correct configuration?

Thats a 4 wire MOSFET. They aren't as common, but it is in no way "redneck engineering". 

Also, soldering the wires directly to the motor is actually better than with connectors as there is less resistance since you are taking the connector out. 

As long as the gun cycles fine, there is nothing wrong with what you posted in the photo. 

3 hours ago, airborne101 said:

Thats a 4 wire MOSFET. They aren't as common, but it is in no way "redneck engineering". 

Also, soldering the wires directly to the motor is actually better than with connectors as there is less resistance since you are taking the connector out. 

As long as the gun cycles fine, there is nothing wrong with what you posted in the photo. 

Yeah, it’s not cycling.  No motor spin or anything.

There are quite a few possible explanations for this issue. The fuse (if it has one) could be blown, the motor might be cooked, the MOSFET might be cooked, you could have a break in the circuit somewhere, something could be physically preventing the trigger contacts from reaching each other...

On 9/12/2019 at 11:57 AM, ardrummer292 said:

There are quite a few possible explanations for this issue. The fuse (if it has one) could be blown, the motor might be cooked, the MOSFET might be cooked, you could have a break in the circuit somewhere, something could be physically preventing the trigger contacts from reaching each other...

I’m pretty sure it’s just the motor, when plugged directly into a battery it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t.  I replaced the brushes with some extras I had and no change.