Sign in to follow this  
oldmanholler

Dad needing some AEG advice

Hey y'all 

Im wanting to introduce my son to Airsoft this coming Christmas.  Last time I played Airsoft the JG brand just started becoming popular. I bought a JG  G36C. I went with JG because they were cheap and high powered. The G36 plastic clamshell design was more economical and the clamshell design didn't flex . The also used a type 3 gearbox. From what I remember the type 3 was the strongest? Shot 410 out of the box. I never did any upgrades. I never had any issues with it. I wanted to keep it reliable. I did give it a nice Hibiscus flower camo paint job to represent my paintball background.  Now it looks like the G36 design has to be from a licensed manufacturer?

Right now my son and I have this game we play every day when I get home from work. We have some cheep Walmart Airsoft shotguns. When I get home I have to get from my truck to the house without getting shot. He hides in the trees, bushes and grass. If I make it to the house alive I then have to turn around and hunt him down..  He runs for the woods behind our house.

So here are my needs, questions and budgets.

Budget:   

1. $150 - $180 per rifle.

2. Batteries and everything else can be on top of this price

3. Battery upgrades, Types, chargers?

Model Preference:  M4 or G36 or ?

1. If it has a plastic body I don't want it to flex. For example a plastic M4 shell will flex separate from the barrel. 

2. Are the JG G36's I see on Ebay the same JG manufacturer I bought from years ago

3. Im not tied to a type 3 gearbox. I just want something sturdy out of the box. 

4. If it's an M4 I would like it to be full metal or part metal. Flat top with a picatiny forgrip

5. Is there another gearbox I should be looking at?

6. Im not stuck on 400FPS, but I would like to have it somewhere around there

7. I don't really mess with upgrades, and Im a minimalist on the aesthetics of the shell of the gun.

8. Electric blowback is fun

Where you play:

1. East TN woods

Role:

1. no paticular role right now. 

Be Open to advice:

Give it to me

Thank you for all the help

Holler