to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
mrtrump

CYMA dragunov upgrade problems

2 hours ago, Guges Mk3 said:

Off center to the right.  Now you need to inspect for cuts in the pack

There is a fairly serious cut in the pack. I assume it came from me removing and reinstalling the packing so often. Here's what I mean;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gaXq1kpq2Uitl28mibKgRqiV9Jk9wyBu

I don't think you can see it well, but where the mound touches the top of the packing, the edge you're facing, it is quite separated from the packing. That is, no longer attached very well. I think that it is beyond use. I may order another packing. 

2 hours ago, Guges Mk3 said:

which beans its going to hook up and too the right

Remember, the problem is that the bb doesn't do anything. If ANY hop is applied to the bb, the bb does not exit the barrel. When I say any, I mean any. as soon as the hop up arm makes contact with the nub, you can forget the possibility of a successful shot. I was examining it today. I lost a little gold ring that goes on the hop up end of the inner barrel a couple weeks ago. I lost it before I purchased ML packing. I think its purpose was to keep the inner barrel in place. Well, since it was gone, the inner barrel was very unstable. So I thought maybe the problem was that since the inner barrel was so unstable, it could have been messing up the mound. So I tried to fix the wobble with teflon tape. It stopped the wobble, but didnt fix the underlying problem.

Below are links to my inner barrel so you can look at it again if you want. I did file it some more.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s-p8itXvttCw0mq4axXpcC-95ksyN1IM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zePWCskoo7I6DpUlsks4g00JTxXr-ohE

Exactly how much do you recommend I file the window? Because it is now to the point where the mound makes no contact with any part of the aeg window. Thus, I can't see how the wonkiness of the file job could affect the application of the hop, again, because there is exactly zero contact between the mound and inner barrel. I must ask; is there any other possible cause for this problem? Any at all? I believe I should've asked this question a while back, but if you remember my mention of a ryosuku flat hop nub I had in my gun prior to this ML, I should tell you I had zero problems with that hop up system. But ANY application of hop on this ML packing, and the gun ceases to function. At the ML's lowest hop setting, it is nowhere close to as much hope as a standard nub would provide. So why do you suppose I'm having problems with the ML but I didn't with the 'flat hop.' I'm tempted to reinstall the stock bucking and nub, just to see if that works. Of course, I wouldn't keep the stock bucking and nub. I don't know any people who use a ML, but from what reviews of ML packings I've read on forums, and the reviews on the product page I purchased my ML packing from, absolutely no one has complained of a problem of this nature. Is it possible to know what factors make my barrel different? Thanks in advance.

Well..its a moot point now.  You filed way to much.
Windows should not extend past 2/3.  You are well over 1/2.

As for your feeding issue with the destruction of your packing and the hacked barrel.  Your root cause has been pushed well beyond your initial issues.

I will mention this once more.  The issue you had is a badly cut small window.
ML packing require a large window.

Partial activation is possible..  But when the mound CAN't fit through...your middle range adjustment is gone.  Then when you crank it to the highest setting due to the mound getting caught in small window it doesn't enter cleanly.  And with the cut due to the rotary hop up.  That proves it there, the know is pushing down and stretching the hop-up and caused the tear.

Now you must be able to conceptualize that in your mind. Thing of trying to push a fat rubber band through a small round washer using the head of a 7 penny nail

Ad I have to reiterate...you DON'T have a Macaron Packing.  You have a Pastille Monster and the link I provided shows the difference.  Truth in Advertising is Not Required for US Airsoft Resellers.

Edited by Guges Mk3

4 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

Windows should not extend past 2/3.  You are well over 1/2.

What? What does this mean?

5 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

Well..its a moot point now.  You filed way to much

This is actually probably a good thing. I was going to buy a new barrel soon-ish anyway. But again, I have NEVER heard of a problem of this nature with any ML packings. You previously mentioned that people frequently must modify their barrel to get 'full potential' from their packing. I'm not talking about acquiring 'full potential.' I'm talking about getting the thing to function at all. So, can you recommend a good barrel that would be more accomodating for ML packing, so I don't have to file it much, or if I'm lucky, at all. 

14 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

ML packing require a large window.

Ok. So, I did some research before I bought an ML packing. Granted, most of the research concerned outdated or no longer produced ML products. But regardless, the mound on those other ML packings I believe are similar in size to my own. And not one person mentioned the need to alter the barrel window. So I'm assuming that they either thought it was bleedingly obvious that one needed to alter the window, or they did not have any problems. Assuming that it's the latter, that suggests to me that there are barrels in existence that can accomodate ML packing. So; can you recommend one? Thanks in advance.

1.  If you look at the side of the barrel.  eng_pl_ARCHIVE-PDI-RAVEN-Inner-Barrel-6-

The window here comes down about 1/4 of the thickness of the barrel.  Can you visualize that now.

2.  Your problem is not common, but it does happen with some airsoft guns.  The people that know the mods don't talk about this because the are "experienced" enough to address the issue.  I have to note, 93% of the techs out there are not "really" techs.  That is like saying the guy who works at a Rapid Oil Change is a "mechanic".

3.  Similar...it depends.  compared to a Macaron, no your is 30% smaller.  Compared to a black Monster, your is 15% larger.

If you take anything out of all this.  Nothing is drop in if it's not from the same company.

As for barrels, look for something you can afford with a large window.  I used Miracle Barrels, it has a large window, it has a middle ID bore 6.05mm.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Okay thank you. As for the barrel, what difference does the length of a barrel make? My inner barrel on my CYMA dragunov is a monstrous 685mm. I literally can't find another barrel that long. I only looked because I was curious if a 685mm barrel is common practice. Secondly, I have heard some mixed reviews about miracle barrels. Some people on reddit had some very strong words about them. Here's a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/2a88s3/miracle_barrel_worth_it/ Some on airsoft sniper forum said miracle barrel+flat hop (though in my case ML packing)= fantastic range and accuracy. I'm going to do as you advised, because frankly I believe, from some reading I've done on other forums and this one, that what you say about airsoft carries more weight than what people on reddit say. I only bring it up because I wanted to know if the opponents of miracle barrels on that forum might have been referring to a specific issue, or if they're just running their mouths. Finally, I have found zero places where a miracle barrel is both sold and in stock. I know of only a couple online vendors. They are Evike, airsoft atlanta, airsoft megastore, airsoft GI, airsoft station, and probably a few others I'm forgetting, so it doesn't matter. Can you recommend a place from which I can buy a miracle barrel? Thanks in advance.

The inner barrel only serves two purposes. 

One is to accelerate a bb around a cushion of air while it imparts a swift can quick back spin.
Two prevent it from hitting the inside of your outer barrel.

Your 685mm is "unsupported".  Which means few if any people will make an option for you to buy as an "upgrade".  You may want to consider a PSG length of 650mm or a 590mm.If you went with a shorter barrel, your FPS will increase.

Miracle Barrel Does Neither, again USA Airsofters...not so "experienced" on the physics of Airsoft and too...gullible.  USA Distribution, even dumber or less experienced.

A Barrel NEVER Improves Range or Accuracy.  It can make it worse, and this is why.  Airsoft guns are blow guns, not firearms.  If you don't know the difference (and it's pretty big)...you shouldn't be teching AEG's.

MB makes a few claim about centering a bb for better accuracy...does it work?  Perhaps...it definitely doesn't knock it off center.  But the key here for me is the ID of the barrel 6.06mm and it has a large window size.  it's a fraction of a hair off from the ideal ID size for modern Airsoft 6.05mm, the window is large and consistent for ML packings and the ID consistency is on par with good barrels.  So, that is why I use it over say a PDI barrel in stainless for 20.00 more and I wouldn't have to file the window larger.  My hand is not that precise.

As for a place to get MB...I get them from Asia.  But, I just happen to have in stock a 590mm MB, NIP.  You will not find anything longer from Magic Box (maker of MB).  You may want to consider a 650mm PSG length barrel from PDI.

As for Reddit and FB for Airsoft teching...I ignore those people.  I have Airsoft guns older than most of them and it's all about opinions and vanity..  You can't thread and save a good discussion on there that you can always go back to...

15 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

You may want to consider a PSG length of 650mm or a 590mm.

What is PSG? The only thing I can think of in airsoft that could be referenced by the letters PSG is the PSG-1 Tokyo Marui sniper rifle.

19 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

You may want to consider a 650mm PSG length barrel from PDI.

Ok. Is the barrel window on this barrel as large as the one on the miracle barrel? That feature is somewhat important to me because of my lack of experience, I want to file as little as is possible. So if the barrel window isn't as large as the one on the miracle barrel, I'm gonna go with the miracle barrel. The largest MB I can find is 500mm in length. I don't know if that's okay. Every single place that sells miracle barrels is out of stock. Every single one. I don't know exactly how you get your miracle barrels, but it is not a good sign to me that literally every retailer is out of miracle barrels, so I'm definitely going to go with the PDI if all the miracle barrels stay out of stock. 

29 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

.If you went with a shorter barrel, your FPS will increase.

Ok. So what is the cutoff? At what point does a barrel's length start to take a serioius toll on performance? Because there are 165mm barrels. I'm genuinely curious; how does inner barrel length affect the performance of an airsoft gun? I can only assume that if I were to slap a 165mm inner barrel in my dragunov, I'd probably lose a lot of accuracy, for obvious reasons. 

22 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

Airsoft guns are blow guns, not firearms.  If you don't know the difference (and it's pretty big)...you shouldn't be teching AEG's.

It's sort of hard to not know the difference if you've ever even seen the inside of an AEG gearbox. Or if you've ever used either. Or if you've ever done work on the internals of an actual firearm, which I have. So yes, I know the difference. Your question seems to imply that there are people who don't know the difference. Simply as a matter of interest, are there people who don't know the difference? 

1.  PSG = PSG-1
2.  No, it's not, it's traditional hop-up sized.

3. How do I get mine? I get them from the factory and I have had this barrel for over 4 years for it came in a sample set when it first came out.  One thing you may not have realized, I can get things US distribution can't get.  Reason why every retailer is out of them is because they are not a money maker for them.  They need churn for volume in margin, if they sell one a week they aren't going to carry it.

4. Lose accuracy?  Why would you think that?  Loss in FPS for sure due to pressure waves and that opens up a whole new level of detail.  

5.  Yes, a lot of people don't know the difference.  They think Gun = Gun.  They think a BAR - Sniper Rifle is something better than an AEG, yet they shoot the same ammo powered by air.  So, yes people are superficial and that is quite alarming...

My case is all the kids that want a Sniper Rifle when they start, they show up at the field, play starts and they run out get behind a log and get peppered with 20 rounds from an AEG because they both shoot the same ball at the same speed.

7 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

Lose accuracy?  Why would you think that? 

I don't know. I thought about it and then realized I have no idea why I would think that for airsoft. I guess because since one would lose a significant amount of velocity, one would need to use much lighter bbs to get the same range as they would get using heavier bbs in a higher-velocity set up, and lighter bbs are much easily buffeted by any and all environmental factors, decreasing accuracy. 

11 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

Reason why every retailer is out of them is because they are not a money maker for them.

Brilliant. So how could I possibly acquire one? If it's not a money maker there's really no reason for them to restock the miracle barrels in a hurry, if at all. Do you know of any private sellers who sell miracle barrels on ebay or craigslist or facebook market place? If you did, that might be ideal, due to the reduced prices at which items are sold on ecommerce sites. Thanks in advance.

What you mention about bbs is correct...but how would the barrel play into it?

BTW...a 165mm barrel is for a MP5K and tuned correctly you can have quarter sized groups at 60 Yards with .28g bbs in that AEG.  Which comes back around saying all things equal, 400fps at the muzzle is 400fps at the muzzle regardless of barrel length.

So, Ill say it again..."I just happen to have in stock a 590mm MB, NIP", of which it means I can sell it to you.

4 hours ago, Guges Mk3 said:

"I just happen to have in stock a 590mm MB, NIP", of which it means I can sell it to you.

I would be more than happy to buy this. What is your price and mode of commerce? When I saw this in your earlier post, I didn't know why you said it. I assume that if you were offering it for me to purchase you would've explicitly said so. Sorry for the misinterpretation. Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Guges Mk3 said:

What you mention about bbs is correct...but how would the barrel play into it?

Only indirectly, I thought. For example, an airsoft gun that shoots 400fps out of a 165mm barrel would attain to higher velocity with a 300mm barrel, right? That's what I meant. I didn't mean it in a direct sense. 

16 hours ago, mrtrump said:

I would be more than happy to buy this. What is your price and mode of commerce? When I saw this in your earlier post, I didn't know why you said it. I assume that if you were offering it for me to purchase you would've explicitly said so. Sorry for the misinterpretation. Thanks in advance.

Only indirectly, I thought. For example, an airsoft gun that shoots 400fps out of a 165mm barrel would attain to higher velocity with a 300mm barrel, right? That's what I meant. I didn't mean it in a direct sense. 

If you want it.  It's 68.00 shipped for the 590

As for your comment about the 165mm barrel'd AEG at 400fps would be higher with a 300mm barrel.  The answer to that is, it depends.

If you have a Type 3 Cylinder, running a M170 with 5 teeth off of the piston at the release point, you can hit 400fps.  However, if you put a 300mm barrel on this setup...the FPS will drop at the muzzle to around 370fps - This is a Short Pressure Wave set-up.

Now if you run an over volume situation with a Type 0 Cylinder and a M130, your FPS will definitely increase, this is a Long Pressure Wave Set-up.

The fun facts of fluid dynamics...catch a pressure wave only at the beginning or run it long...your choice.

5 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

What do you mean by access?

Perhaps I am ignorant of how this works. You have told my how to pay. How do I physically access the products? Additionally, to pay through paypal, I need either your email address, or your full name, or your mobile phone number. I have none of that information. You offered to ship the product. To ship it, you need my address. You've not asked. So perhaps I am slightly confused as to how you propose to ensure that I acquire the product. What you seem to be proposing is that I pay you through paypal, and then you ship the product to my address like one would send a piece of mail. But, you've not asked for my address. Is that because you don't need my address for a reason I am unaware of? Thanks in advance. 

We are still in an open discussion.  If you took it private via PM I can give you my Paypal information.  If you conducted a normal transaction via Paypal your shipping information would be provided.  If you paid Fee free, then you will need to provide your ship address.

Please start the process via PM.

1 hour ago, Guges Mk3 said:

ehbiker<AT><PLEASE DO NOT POST YAHOO ACCOUNTS IN YOUR MESSAGES>

I'm not sure what I'm looking at. As I said, I can conduct the transaction via paypal. I only need your email address or mobile phone number. I'm not certain what's happening in your post. Also I did not post a yahoo account in any of my messages. All I need from you is your email address or mobile phone number, as mentioned above. In return, I will provide my home address in order for you to ship the item to my residence.

Edited by mrtrump

1 hour ago, mrtrump said:

ehbiker<AT><>

I've never used yahoo in my life. I have no experience with it. I deal exclusively in gmail. Is this your yahoo account: ehbiker<@><&gt

Do you not have a gmail account? When you say all the components are there for a complete yahoo account, I do not know what you mean. Please clarify. I apologize for the ignorance.

Yahoo was on the scene way before Gmail and it's no different.

It's and "email" account and that account is linked to my Paypal account.

This site CENSORS complete Yahoo email accounts.  Like this:

Bob - Bob<AT><PLEASE DO NOT POST YAHOO ACCOUNTS IN YOUR MESSAGES>

Ronnie - Ronnie<AT><PLEASE DO NOT POST YAHOO ACCOUNTS IN YOUR MESSAGES>

Puppy - Puppy<AT><PLEASE DO NOT POST YAHOO ACCOUNTS IN YOUR MESSAGES>

UberDWIAI - UberDWIAI<AT><PLEASE DO NOT POST YAHOO ACCOUNTS IN YOUR MESSAGES>

actually it censors all email accounts in the text boxes.

Edited by Guges Mk3

I received the barrel, along with the maple leaf packing and nub included in the shipment. Thank you for including that, I was very pleased. I installed it, tested it, and found that the status of the original problem has not changed even slightly. Now, I have a few ideas for why this may be, but since I am inexperienced, I do not put too much faith in them. I'm curious if you think any are likely;

1. Simple user installation error. Somewhere in the process of installing I inserted the packing, nub, hop up unit, etc., at a strange angle or something that screwed up contact with the bb.

2. When I put the packing on the barrel, I noticed there were very small spaces between the barrel and the packing due to the spaces in the barrel designed to hold those little brass, o-shaped rings I can never figure out the purpose of. So I tried to correct an airseal problem I assumed would exist with teflon tape. Perhaps this affected the packing in a negative way.

3. When the packing arrived, it was under the barrel in the box, and was smashed almost flat. Therefore, when I put it on the barrel, it did not perfectly conform to the shape of the barrel. This, too, could account for the spaces between the barrel and packing I mentioned in idea 2 above. 

There are several ways I can think of to proceed;

1. Try to locate an airsoft tech of some repute and see if he can figure it out, though I think it unlikely that there are any airsoft techs at all in this part of Michigan.

2. Abandon the use of ML products completely, and focus on making a true flat hop or anything else, though I believe that this will likely not work, because, as I mentioned in earlier post, ANY amount of dial-up on the hop up renders the gun completely unusable. The slightest amount of applied hop creates an insurmountable obstruction for the bb to pass through. I'm wondering if I should put the stock packing and nub back in the gun and see if that works.

3. Do whatever you advise me to do in your response to this post.

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to get a picture down the inside of the barrel after its installed in the front end with the hop-up engaged?

This is to determine how dial-up is working in the AEG.

Or at least attach the barrel to the hop up and dial it in for a view.

I want to see this inside your barrel with hop-up on

photo-12.jpg

After I posted the pictures I went back and examined the placement of the engaged hop up in the barrel. It was touching the right side of the barrel, completely off center. So, I centered it. Still, the problem persists. I then thought about any explanation that could explain why it is I am having such difficulties with the ML hop up, but never with my stock hop up or with the admittedly watered down flat hop I used prior to the ML. The only difference I could think of is that the contact patch was already present in the packing, and is larger. The only explanation I could convince myself might be even slightly feasible is the presence of the flat lip on the ML contact patch, present as soon as the bb is propelled by the air from the air nozzle. Perhaps the immediate flat ledge serves as a dead stop to the bb. I don't know. Here are some pictures of the current installation of the ML hop up:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ar5suSEFyHB3kpgQkYAGRGs1SfvaTMDL/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SSY2DSprV7nCE0nDy8nDnBXwsxzfFE6t/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18DF9cayzQyIRUCr7g_gStWQxmN01r9ZV/view?usp=sharing

I don't know if any of these will be useful. I apologize for the bad photography. Thanks.