to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Fellers

FNG to airsoft equipment; little help

What's up guys. Im brad new to airsoft equipment. I am a former US Army Ranger and I have to get into playing airsoft with friends says my fiance. So here I am. 

I could use help in equipment maybe?

My 3 guns I'm thinking to purchase:

VFC Avalon saber vr16 = assault

Desert Tech HTI = "sniper" rifle

And I have no idea for a gbb pistol???

Hi...Welcome.

First off...we all shoot the 6mm ball.  What the dispensing platform looks like has absolutely No Bearing on your shooting performance.

400 fps at the muzzle is 400 fps at the muzzle regardless of barrel length.

Thus you don't need the BAR...skip it, waste of money and kid with an AEG will destroy you in field play for his Full Auto Fire.  It will suppress you while you try to work a bolt action.

As for a pistol, get anything you want, but don't get it in CO2.  Inconsistent, high cost and in reality, does not work well in rapid fire in the cold.  Kids will say they work in the cold...but these kids must not have passed Chemistry and Physics....

Now if you want a challenge (like I do sometimes).  I run an "upgraded" pistol in the woods and piss people off by shooting them when they don't see me...

Like sitting under the canopy of Sumac off the trail and letting the newbs walk by on the trail and you knee capping all of them is fun.

Or lying in wait in a large plot of tall Stinging Nettles, come out as they pass and then shooting them all in the soft spots on the back is fun too.

Or picking the opposing commander off the top of the tower by shooting him in the nose because, "that guy with the pistol can't hit me", is also very entertaining...

And don't get me started with stories about Stun Grenades (CO2 powered), a flashlight and a pistol in room to room fighting...FBI style.

Edited by Guges Mk3

7 hours ago, Guges Mk3 said:

Hi...Welcome.

First off...we all shoot the 6mm ball.  What the dispensing platform looks like has absolutely No Bearing on your shooting performance.

400 fps at the muzzle is 400 fps at the muzzle regardless of barrel length.

Thus you don't need the BAR...skip it, waste of money and kid with an AEG will destroy you in field play for his Full Auto Fire.  It will suppress you while you try to work a bolt action.

As for a pistol, get anything you want, but don't get it in CO2.  Inconsistent, high cost and in reality, does not work well in rapid fire in the cold.  Kids will say they work in the cold...but these kids must not have passed Chemistry and Physics....

Now if you want a challenge (like I do sometimes).  I run an "upgraded" pistol in the woods and piss people off by shooting them when they don't see me...

Like sitting under the canopy of Sumac off the trail and letting the newbs walk by on the trail and you knee capping all of them is fun.

Or lying in wait in a large plot of tall Stinging Nettles, come out as they pass and then shooting them all in the soft spots on the back is fun too.

Or picking the opposing commander off the top of the tower by shooting him in the nose because, "that guy with the pistol can't hit me", is also very entertaining...

And don't get me started with stories about Stun Grenades (CO2 powered), a flashlight and a pistol in room to room fighting...FBI style.

Ok, makes sense. So why have a long barrel if it does nothing for you; ok.

So which rifle would you suggest; vfc saber cqb?

15 hours ago, Fellers said:

You say don't use co2 pistols. But everything I'm reading says that the elite force 1911 a1 tactical is the go to pistol

Airsoft guns are blow guns, not firearms.

The inner barrel has two purposes.  It imparts a back spin on the ball and it allows for the acceleration of the bb by a cushion of Air.   The second purpose is that it prevents the bb from striking the inside of outer barrel.

As for which AEG?  Get what appeals to you.  VFC is a good brand...if you like it...buy it.

As for the EF1911...the biggest pile of pot metal made and sold under 8 different names around the world for only a few reasons.  It's heavily sold in Big Box and consumer channels because they are cheap.  Wholesale is $70.00 for them ( I know I worked for the company that sold the Colt Rail Gun Version) and a reatil price of 120...you can see what they are so heavy in distribution.  Pay a few ADHD spouting how great they are (Paid endorsements by influencers in the sport) and the sheeple line up to be sheared.

So, have you tried Googling EF1911 and broken?  Have you tried looking for "upgrade" and custom parts?  Then google repair kits EF 1911.

First search will turn up the consistent case of what fails on these CO2 Pistols for the last 7+ years.

Second search will come up with nothing.  Its a dead end platform that No One is making any Upgrades for...because no one that is "smart" is going to support a bad platform.

Third, the repair parts is actually a new thing, that came on the market about 1.5 years ago.  A few people realized that these things fail so much that they can fleece the people again for repair parts.  If you search other platforms...there is no such thing as a "repair kit" for "any" other gun.

However, it continues to sell well, because the Airsofters who buy them are FNG's...with no experience...and fall for the hype.

No offense intended...

Edited by Guges Mk3

Well again that depends.

It'won't be a Japanese Pistol, due to that being built to a Standard and that is the ASGK Standard, which limits upper FPS.  But, they are highly upgradeable.

With gas guns the longer the barrel the harder it hits.  That gun that I am telling you stories about up top.  It has a 7" barrel and the FPS hits AEG speed.  That is why I can shoot a guy in the nose with it.

You would do well with a 2011/Hicapa or a Glock Replica.  Both have the ability to run long barrels (mine is on a aftermarket G35 Slide +2").  Both platforms also have the ability to run large mags so it's a viable primary too.

But, if you don't have the MOD Bug.  Any Taiwan made pistol that has a 5"+ barrel can be a hard hitter out of the box with the "right" gas.