to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Hello to everyone, im new on this forum, I would like to make a DMR sniper out of lct g 3,can you help me with parts suggestions and other things because this will be my first rifle upgraded by myself, I am not sure which parts are okay/durable on stock rifle and which ones are must have to replace do get a decent/durable DMR, thanks to all good people in advance😁

You need to define your parmeters.

What is your Field requirement for a DMR?

Most locals don't have a combo DMR/Sniper Rifle.  It's either or for classification...not both.

In our locale for an example.

AEG 400fps with .20

DMR is 450fps with .20.  with or without FA lock.

Sniper is 500fps with .20 and Semi-Auto or bolt action Only!

And with that...immediately get out of your mind that all after market parts "are" upgrades" and that American Consumerism applies...it doesn't.

Edited by Guges Mk3

3 hours ago, Guges Mk3 said:

You need to define your parmeters.

What is your Field requirement for a DMR?

Most locals don't have a combo DMR/Sniper Rifle.  It's either or for classification...not both.

In our locale for an example.

AEG 400fps with .20

DMR is 450fps with .20.  with or without FA lock.

Sniper is 500fps with .20 and Semi-Auto or bolt action Only!

And with that...immediately get out of your mind that all after market parts "are" upgrades" and that American Consumerism applies...it doesn't.

thanks for answer

field  requirement for DMR(we also call it in my country semi auto sniper rifle) :  2:50 joule or 500-520 fps with 0.20 only semy auto(full auto must be mechanicly disabled)

You can convert to Semi, but you cannot convert mechbox from V2 to V3.  That is not how the number system works.

Mechbox type I-VIII is not an upgrade over an older unit.  Rather it is a variation to make other AEG's look like the replica they are mimicing.  V2 boxes are tall...you can't make a SIG on a V2 because the receiver is short.  So they Made a lower profile mechbox in a V3.

Here is an example of the AEG and the mechbox they use:

V3, V2, V6 and V7

ehuub6ufmap41.jpg

Being that you are from the EU.  Please join Arnies Airsoft Forum in the UK.  It's the largest Forum in the world and all the EU players discuss items there.

As for why V2 are bad...they aren't so much bad, rather they are WEAK due to a design issue.  
If you overdrive a V2 mechbox the front shears off.

Like this:

Broken_Mech.jpg

That occurs when you run a mechbox OVER specification.  Making an AEG a DMR is running a mechbox over specification...and thus...it will break sooner than later.

Edited by Guges Mk3

It would be better platform for a DMR when it comes to durability of the mechbox.

However, there is a elongated V2 mechbox know as either the V2.5 or V2L.  It has a larger cylinder for air pressure and with that you make make your AEG work smarter, not harder.

This would be the SR25 replica or certain SCAR-H models.

1 hour ago, Guges Mk3 said:

It would be better platform for a DMR when it comes to durability of the mechbox.

However, there is a elongated V2 mechbox know as either the V2.5 or V2L.  It has a larger cylinder for air pressure and with that you make make your AEG work smarter, not harder.

This would be the SR25 replica or certain SCAR-H models.

ahh sadly I am not fan of sr25 and scar =P I am more like old school,but thank you very much mate,I already have  an AK and tt33,any luck with dragunov or m16?

Edited by Chospro

First, you will not find M16VN fronts that readily, especially from the same manufacturer.  A&K makes the most common SR25.  G&P Made the best 16VN fronts.  The two do not work together seemlessly.

What you are looking for is the AR10...however, this isn't a widely made or supported platform.  Magazines are very hard to get.

There is a CA version...but CA is a BAD company when they made this AEG and the new owners are NOT making older "one-off" models for the limited demand market.

Edited by Guges Mk3

On 8/11/2020 at 3:44 PM, Guges Mk3 said:

First, you will not find M16VN fronts that readily, especially from the same manufacturer.  A&K makes the most common SR25.  G&P Made the best 16VN fronts.  The two do not work together seemlessly.

What you are looking for is the AR10...however, this isn't a widely made or supported platform.  Magazines are very hard to get.

There is a CA version...but CA is a BAD company when they made this AEG and the new owners are NOT making older "one-off" models for the limited demand market.

ok so we stay on sr 25 hahah which company makes best one? 

G&P "Made" the best one.  and the Magpul Version was the most expensive at ~$630.00

They are still available via Special Order, but you would need a contact within the industry to see if one could be sold to you.

There are simpler versions for 480.00 and the A&K ones are around $300.00

GP-AEG041-2.jpg