to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
TheAirsoftingAirsofter

ARP9 vs. M4

We "all" shoot the 6mm ball.  What the dispenser looks like has absolutely no bearing on ballistics.

For example I have a Glock 35 replica with a 7" inner barrel.  It shoots like an "upgraded" AEG...and some people do "complain" that it's unfair for a "pistol".

So...with that get what appeals to you "physically".

The ARP is a AR pistol caliber replica....so yes it uses a V2 Mechbox.

• Like 1

Thanks! The main reason I was asking if it used a V2 gearbox is how easily they can be upgraded. The only thing I was worried about is a lot of people say that the ARP9 will lose performance due to the shorter inner barrel. That must be a pretty powerful G35 to shoot like an upgraded AEG, what did you do to it to make it that powerful? Also, is it a WE Tech or Tokyo Marui?

Edited by TheAirsoftingAirsofter

There is quite a bit you need to learn.

Ease of upgrade is a relative issue.  Not everyone is capable of upgrading mechboxes.  Parts don't just drop in and "work".  Many aftermarket parts  Are NOT Upgrades.

American Consumerism does NOT apply to Airsoft.

ARP is not a conventionally built AEG.  It's actually a 400FPS AEG that has it's FPS neutered by the short barrel.    Put a 365mm barrel in an off the shelf ARP9 and it will shoot 400fps.

G&G Built this AEG this way for one reason...durability and prevention of PME.

The G35 is an Original Korean Detonator, TM Upper and WE lower.  Hop-Up is TM Stock with a Maple Leaf Super Packing at 50 Degrees.  BBs are coarse type at .28g.  High Polish is Not good.

^All this is physics.

Magnus Effect
Fluid Dynamics Pressure Waves - Physics (AEG Mechbox)
Ideal Gas Law - PV=nRT and gas Expansion - Physics (G35)

Know this and you can tune "any" 6mm bb dispenser to be "Unreal".

And don't buy those O-Ring Nozzle...either...waste of money.

Edited by Guges Mk3
  • Like 1

Yeah, I never was great at physics! Thanks for helping me out! I've been pretty terrified at opening up any gearbox, and I obviously wouldn't want to ruin it. I've been watching a few tutorials to see how hard it is to build a V2 Mechbox. It doesn't look easy, which I'm sure it isn't. I could have an airsoft tech open up the mechbox and put in the parts, but I'd rather do it myself if I can figure out how. Plus, it'd be another skill to have under my belt.

If you want to learn...Do... Not...Learn...On...Your...Primary....AEG.

Do it with a boneyard AEG.

Season over season, at the game field, some "new guy" tech'd on their one and only AEG.  It really did nothing to improve the thing with parts and it let's go after 200 rounds due to a New Tech Mistake...

Edited by Guges Mk3
  • Like 1