to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
TheAirsoftingAirsofter

ARP9 vs. MP5

Soooo... I've made my decision. I'm looking at the ARP9 and the MP5, as the title suggests. I've heard that the MP5 uses a V2 Mechbox just like your run of the mill M4 and the ARP9. I love the look of the MP5 a bit more than the ARP9, but, I like the look of the MP5K a bit more due to its size. Only problem is I've heard that the MP5K uses a V3 Mechbox. Main reason I want a V2 Mechbox is the parts are quite easy to find and I'm pretty experienced with the V2 Mechbox. I'm mostly asking if anyone knows for sure what mechbox a MP5 uses, but am also asking which one you think is better. Thanks in advance!

It's all Fluid Dynamics and the Pressure Wave.

Think Spit Ball Fight.  Who has more range?  The guy with 4" straw or the guy with the 10" straw.

So,  to get more speed you need the bb to ride the pressure wave longer.  So...that requires a longer barrel.

Get the barrel out to 250mm (Double stock K length) and you can make it to 400fps with out making your AEG run exponentially harder.

As for me...I left this site too when it went down over a year ago.  Most people went to Society to continue the discussions about Airsoft.  I was contact back here on a question a few months back and I came back to answer it....not I just check in to help those that need it.

• Like 1

I joined Airsoft Society July 30th and I still can't figure out how to post. LOL Anyway, thanks for helping me out! I'm probably going to forget the MP5K and just focus on either getting the MP5 or ARP9. Partially because of the V2 Mechbox and longer inner barrels. I think the ARP9 will be more customizable, main reason that's a big deal is because none of it's gonna stay stock besides the frame. But I've always wanted to own a real MP5, but don't have the money to spend $1800 on even an MP5 replica, so that's why I loved the fact of possibly owning at the very least, an MP5 airsoft gun. All I'm looking for is the best performer that I can keep relatively small and still get good range and power, which I think will be the ARP9, due to it being mostly an M4.

Get the VFC MP5 Gas SMG with the steel receivers.

Won't have to worry about shooting people with that item...

And remember this is Airsoft.  What the BB dispenser looks like has absolutely no bearing on it's performance capability.

Edited by Guges Mk3
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 12:39 PM, TheAirsoftingAirsofter said:

... But I've always wanted to own a real MP5, but don't have the money to spend $1800 on even an MP5 replica,....

You mentioned you wanted a REAL MP5...if you shoot people with that....what happens...get it?

Versus a GAS Airsoft ...which you can own with 4 spare mags for about $800.00....and you can "shoot" people with it...on a sanctioned event of course.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ardrummer292 said:

If you're looking for a more skirmishable subgun, I highly recommend the Avalon MP5. The only upgrade needed out of the box is a 22TPA high torque motor for crisp semiauto trigger response. I'm a big fan of mine.

I moved over to Airsoft Society and figured out I'm gonna go with the ARP9 for usability and how it's easier to upgrade. Thanks for your suggestion though! Have a nice day!

18 hours ago, ardrummer292 said:

If you're looking for a more skirmishable subgun, I highly recommend the Avalon MP5. The only upgrade needed out of the box is a 22TPA high torque motor for crisp semiauto trigger response. I'm a big fan of mine.

This alone means nothing.  22TPA is like saying that car has a V6 Motor.  Without knowing the specs of the car...you could be getting a really bad motor.  Please provide additional factors, such as internal magnet rating.  N48?  N36 or is it a N52?  

On 8/25/2020 at 8:23 AM, Guges Mk3 said:

This alone means nothing.  22TPA is like saying that car has a V6 Motor.  Without knowing the specs of the car...you could be getting a really bad motor.  Please provide additional factors, such as internal magnet rating.  N48?  N36 or is it a N52?  

That's a fair point. I have been using ASG CNC motors as of late. I'm not sure what their magnet rating is, but they seem to provide a significant boost in semi-auto responsiveness.

ASG are rebrands, they don't make their own motors.  They have an OEM use a middle of the range magnets and sadly plastic bushings on their HS motors, when they should actually use a bearing.

Thus they are middle of the road motors, plus they have some sizing issues with their end bells where they are a bit deeper than normal.  The one thing they have going for them is top end.  They can spin up to a higher rating with a lower end sweet spot versus the more common "SHS" motors or the Chaoli Motors.