to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
SlabGizor117

Feeding issues with ICS M4 and aftermarket hop parts

So I bought an ICS M4 to build into my main gun, and replaced the broken ICS hop unit with a Lonex hop unit modified to fit the split GB receiver.  I believe the hop unit is at fault because it persists with multiple buckings and even the original nozzle.  It's not mag feeding issue, it either fires with low FPS or not at all, with the strangled pop you hear when your hop is too high and it won't fire the BB past the nub.  Any ideas what about the hop unit is causing this?  Is it constricting the bucking lips into keeping the BB from chambering with ease?

You put a whole unit where a splitter used to be.  Pretty ambitious there.

Most like is your nozzle is not lining up.  Is it pushing against the mechbox?  If not, I surmise it's too short and the pressure delivery is Outside of the hop-up unit.

Edited by Guges Mk3

39 minutes ago, Guges Mk3 said:

You put a whole unit where a splitter used to be.  Pretty ambitious there.

Most like is your nozzle is not lining up.  Is it pushing against the mechbox?  If not, I surmise it's too short and the pressure delivery is Outside of the hop-up unit.

It was a one piece Hopup to begin with so the only difference is that the Lonex needed some filing to fit.  And yeah my hop unit is pushed up against the upper shell with o rings on the barrel, and the nozzle moves freely both when pulling the tappet plate back and when shooting the gun and looking up into the hop unit.  By dropping a BB in I can see that the BB chambers just fine when I pull the tappet plate and let it forward again but it’s strangely not firing out of the Hopup unit.  It does take some slight pressure to push a BB past the bucking lips when dropping it in by hand but nothing the tappet spring can’t handle.  Maybe things are different when a mag is inserted but I’m not sure how to test that.