to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
JESUS

Thoughts on Tippmann HPA M4.

I've been wondering if there are any people here who have owned a Tippmann HPA M4. I've been thinking about picking one up. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about the gun. My other question is if any of you have converted this gun to a SMG. Kinda like this video. 

I'd like to do a SMG build because I'm not that tall. I'd also like to do an outdoor SMG build, if possible. I don't play many indoor games, especially now with the 'Rona'. I do have a friend who owns some land, and we play out there a lot. You can see in this video he uses an Angel Custom M4 to MP5 magazine adapter. I would most likely do that. I like the fact I can use AEG magazines, which usually hold more rounds. Have the consistency and ease of use of HPA. Yet have the realism of a GBBR. I know the recoil won't be as high at first, but I plan to modify this gun a lot. On top of that, could anyone give me an estimated price on how much a gun like the one up above, with a HPA tank and line would cost? Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Edited by JESUS

US players has gone to the tether...Asia left the tether 30 years for it's lack of "realism".

Thus with that, it's all personal choice now.  Get what appeals to you.  However, Tippmann is not highly supported.  Items in stock now...get it while you can...plus all the cool new tech developed for AEG...not always available for Tippmann or easily adaptable.

Sure...you have FPS consistency...but the guy with a ML MR hop-up will out range you by 10 yards.  And when he needs to he can hand the gun off to a teammate and does a door breach with a flash light and a pistol.  Mean while the tether guys has to play a supporting role...because they can't get "skinny".

But, that is an extreme example at a Scenario op that lasted 2 days at an old sanatorium

Edited by Guges Mk3
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, Guges Mk3 said:

US players has gone to the tether...Asia left the tether 30 years for it's lack of "realism".

Thus with that, it's all personal choice now.  Get what appeals to you.  However, Tippmann is not highly supported.  Items in stock now...get it while you can...plus all the cool new tech developed for AEG...not always available for Tippmann or easily adaptable.

Sure...you have FPS consistency...but the guy with a ML MR hop-up will out range you by 10 yards.  And when he needs to he can hand the gun off to a teammate and does a door breach with a flash light and a pistol.  Mean while the tether guys has to play a supporting role...because they can't get "skinny".

But, that is an extreme example at a Scenario op that lasted 2 days at an old sanatorium

I've seen that the tether is pretty unrealistic. I used to think that HPA was pretty bad, but recently I saw this gun and thought it was pretty cool. I could use the Co2 version, but I hate Co2. As for the amount of parts for it, I just got tired of all the AEGs. I kind of wanted to get something different, but would work pretty well. It's kind of like the older TM SPAS-12. Not the most amazing gun on the field, but it was cool to own (But I would never in a million years buy that gun for $700). The other reason I was looking at it is because of the take down. It comes apart almost like a real AR-15, there's just a couple different parts, which I could take apart and put together in my sleep. Also, what do you mean he would out range me by 10 yards? Is it because of the length of the barrel? Because if so, I was expecting a drop off in range, since I would be doing a shorter setup. Also, thanks for replying!

P.S. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend!

Edited by JESUS

The TIPPMANN hop-Up/barrel combo cannot accommodate the better range enhancements packings/rubber made for big window AEG's. 

FPS at the muzzle has no bearing on actual range regardless of barrel length. 

With the NEW MR type packings from Maple Leaf you can hit 90 yards with a 400fps AEG.  Of which a Tippmann can't do with their hop-up packings/rubbers.

They didn't have the experience to think about what is used in Airsoft and easily adaptable.

CO2 is a terrible gas source for consistency.  Run a 12gr on rapid fire and watch your performance drop with each shot.

Edited by Guges Mk3

1 hour ago, Guges Mk3 said:

The TIPPMANN hop-Up/barrel combo cannot accommodate the better range enhancements packings/rubber made for big window AEG's. 

FPS at the muzzle has no bearing on actual range regardless of barrel length. 

With the NEW MR type packings from Maple Leaf you can hit 90 yards with a 400fps AEG.  Of which a Tippmann can't do with their hop-up packings/rubbers.

They didn't have the experience to think about what is used in Airsoft and easily adaptable.

CO2 is a terrible gas source for consistency.  Run a 12gr on rapid fire and watch your performance drop with each shot.

Huh, I thought you could use normal AEG packings/buckings (Whatever you want to call it), in the hop-up. I guess not. So you're saying that since they started with paintball, they don't have a lot of experience with airsoft? I mean, I know they're 2 different things, it just seems they would be able to do that. If the Tippmann M4 isn't the way to go for a HPA blowback, do you know anything about the Daytona guns? I've heard good things about them and I've also heard they're pretty finicky.

Edited by JESUS

Maple Leaf units are Not "Normal".

Correct...Tippmann did not step well into Airsoft.  And their first series that came out in 2015 showed it...it was terrible.

It's like Hyundai...sure they could manufacture ships, containers and trailers, but their cars sucked for the first 8 years they came out. 

Daytona Guns is all about the recoil, they sacrifice all other aspects for that feature.  Quite Honestly...I will never use CO2 or HPA...it lacks realism.  I left paintball for a reason...if I want tethers...and only have a short range...I wouldn't be playing Airsoft.

If you want HPA...go Wolverine or Polar Star.

If you have to have recoil...sure...go Tippmann or Daytona...but I can do far more damage for less with an AEG and a GBB...

In the end it's what makes you happy and "efficient"...this is from a guy that ran a Baracudda against Automags, 68 Specials and PMI3's...

Edited by Guges Mk3