to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
cbrianroll

New to airsoft...Questions will be later..

Hi everyone, my sons are getting into airsoft so that means I am too. I am a tinkerer so will eventually get equipment that is upgradable/customizable but am in desperate need of learning the lingo. My son spent his own money on a spring powered H&K SCAR, which got ok reviews, you probably know more. I just ordered a lancer interceptor gen 2, seemed like a decent starter gun that he actually wanted and will get if he sticks with it. My younger sons are just using cheapos as they will get broken lol. So I have no knowledge to pass on here unfortunately, but look forward to the learning process and discussions.

Hi cbrianroll,

Welcome so Airsoft, first off let me give you some "details":

I am an Airsofter from the 20th Century, yes I am old and I had a hand in help this sport grow in the USA.  90% of the information you will find on the "net" for proper use is "wrong".

This is due to the ignorant disseminating information to the inexperienced.  I know...I worked for one of these entities for 3 years and you just can't argue with arrogant stupid people.

American Consumerism does not apply, these toys are no longer made to a standard.  Each company has started making things "one off" and thus wanting to upgrade or having parts drop in without issues is no longer the case.  Back 14 years ago there was a loose standard of TM Compatible.  Today...nothing.

Airsoft Forums was a good site for info and there is still a lot of good info here.   But, it went down over 20 months ago and people left and went to Airsoft Society, few have come back.

So, again welcome and what do you want to know?

Edited by Guges Mk3

Thanks for the welcome Guges. Not exactly sure what yet, I prefer reading and researching as it's a better teacher than just given answers. I prefer hearing from people on forums over the internet, that's the reason for joining, as you mentioned theres just to much wrong out there. I like to have my bases covered, this is new and fun, I like to have a firm grasp on my hobbies, necassary upgrades,  maintenance tips, etc. I don't know a thing about this yet except gun goes pow lol. Much reading to do.

What will help you with building your knowledge base is comments with Data.  All the social networking sites have the comments, but no data.

Forums are very good for that and on AS that is what we are doing.

Heck, we are debunking that LION's are good for Airsoft.  Most knew that a 60.00 LION is inferior to mediocre LIPO's for Airsoft use.  But Titan and it's propaganda machine of paid influencers has really polluted the new player base.