to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
UglyBugly

Battery not charging well enough

I got a CM.028 AEG AK-47 for Christmas with a MATRIX 1600 mAh 9.6v NiMH Battery I plug it in to a A26 NIMH Battery Charger. Brand new right out of the box after plugging in the wall to charge both lights on the charger where green so I thought okay the battery must have been pre charged. I hook it up to my AK rifle then after I fire select to full auto it fires 3 rounds then the battery evidently dies for it does not fire a single shot after that. Also after unplugging the charger from the wall with the battery still in the wall socket both green lights are lit on the charger. When unplugging the battery from the charger while not plugged in the wall then the lights on the charger are unlit/off. I let it charge over night then today when I put the battery in the gun I took it out to fire again it only fires 3 rounds then the battery seems to die. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. 

First off, American Consumerism does not Apply in Airsoft.

Nothing, is made to a standard, nothing should be taken as the being any good unless it can be vouched as a good product.  Many low quality items may be defective.

So, with that, the A26 is a pile of junk as far as a charger goes. 

It's a 2.19 wholesale charger that they sell to new people for 25.00.

It most likely is defective.

You should instead get a charger like a B6/HOTA at a minimum...anything else...is just meant to do one thing.  Fleece the new player of their cash.  I know I worked in the industry...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=B6+Charger&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

That charger will charge your NIMH pack, LIPO, and it can even recharge a car battery.

Which is the case for batteries - female connectors.  You need a male Tamiya connector from your charger.

In a pinch use the gator clip adapter and wire.  Strip and jam each end into the battery and MATCH the polarity for a short cut to charge your battery.

You should have that lead in the kit you got.

Edited by Guges Mk3

I don't trust it.  Looks like Kyosho connectorss and not Tamiya.

Sadly...distribution is too ignorant of the Plastic Connector types.  Calling a Kyosho a Large Tamiya or a Tamiya a Mini-Tamiya.

There is no such thing as a Mini-Tamiya, it's just Tamiya and the Large unit is Kyosho.

Each connector is unique to the various RC houses that designed and used them.

Large Plastic Connector used in Airsoft is Kyosho, rare now days really.

Small Plastic Connector used in 90% of the AEG's sold is a Tamiya.

Post a picture or your charging wiring harnesses, please.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Oh you are referring to the OLD A26 Charger.

I was under the impression you got the new B6 charger which comes with an assortment of cables.

BTW...that is a Kyosho connector.  Not a Tamiya.  Did it not come with a step down adapter for Tamiya or T-Connectors?  If not that charger is really a rip -off.

But, you can still jury-rig a charging option.  Take a piece of thick wire like lamp cord.

Cut and strip both ends by 1/4 of an inch.  Jam it in each side on the charger  and MATCH polarity on the battery.  It will charge the battery without having an adapter...

Uh...yes.   How else would you be bridging wires between two non-compatible connectors?

However, if you don't feel comfortable doing that, definitely don't.

Note...this is only to some heavy gauge wire....like  "lamp cord".

Edited by Guges Mk3

18 hours ago, UglyBugly said:

Can the B6 overcharge and cause a fire?

Depends, but due to product safety standards, no it shouldn't cause a fire.

Well that looks like a Kyosho connector and you have a Tamiya connector.  Issue is that you would be buying the same size connector as the one on your A26.  While the listing lists "Tamiya Style", I have some doubt that it's NOT a Tamiya compatible connector.  Another thing...Kyosho Connectors are made in Milky White, part of how it was designed to discern the connector.  Tamiya was made in a light green tint or Solid White.  Couple with that this industry has been polluted by people that know nothing about what is what, it just all adds to the confusion.  This is indicative of an industry where American Consumerism does not apply, where items are NOT made to a standard.

At least this one is the right tint and the right size (but still described incorrectly)

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-RC-Battery-Charger-Adapter/dp/B01N28WZN8/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=banana+plug+adapter+to+tamiya&qid=1610135809&sr=8-5

In comparison to yours which has a noticeably larger connector and the wrong tint.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZEAHZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And those plugs go right into the B6. 

Yes, they do...but then using your alligator clips, spare wire and logic is nearly free to charge your pack...in a pinch.

Edited by Guges Mk3