to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
zgzdgz

KJW M1911 Problem at second day of use

Hello there, recently I've bought 1911 and I loved it, however, when I tried to field strip, it wanted to come off at all even though I followed the manual perfectly, but somehow today I've managed to take the slide stop and remove the slide, however when I put it back together I noticed a small crack right beneath slide stop notch, I have no idea how it happened, yet the slide release won't lock properly as I have to push my finger upwards to make sure it locked tight otherwise it's just doesn't work properly, I suppose I need to order a need slide then and probably the slide stop 😕 since it looked kind of bent and I think it just contributing to the problem, do you have any solutions for that besides ordering new parts ?

20210102_215838.jpg

20210103_095916.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/KcJ6IJY

https://imgur.com/a/KdrIva8

Edited by zgzdgz

With a magazine yes, and when it comes to the slide stop, sometimes I need push harder the slide lock to release the slide, but when it comes to lock with no mag, it kind of feels like it's getting stuck with the slide, like in those pictures you can see that the slide stop (since it was bent) comes a bit too close to the slide so at that point I can't lock it, I must kind of play around a bit or just push on the slide lock pin a bit to away from the gun just a tiny bit in order to get into the notch.

That depends.,

And by that you need to understand and look at any Airsoft gun as a WHOLE system.  Of which even people who work in that Airsoft industry does not do...

Yes, you can put on a steel slide, can you get it to work...it depends.  

Run it in 90 degree heat...it "should" work fine.  Try and run it in 30 degree temps...it won't work so well due to mass and gas pressure of which CO2 is not a panacea either...

Its a fine balance between KNOWING Chemistry, Physics and mechnical engineering.  Sadly, people approach it like video game gun modes...programmed and always works.

That's exactly what I had in mind, bigger mass needs bigger force to move it out the place, because I seriously haven't seen many airsoft guns that have blowback function and that their moving parts would be made from a solid steel, unless it's a ghk, but I'm not sure about ghk, yet what if you use hpa with a steel parts, would it cycle better than co2/green gas ?