to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
JudgementalShoelace

GNG Combat machine cm16 raider Misfiring.

Alright so I have had my combat machine for around 3 years. Its the high velocity long barrel version.  While I have had it for a while, I have only played about 120 full match days with it. I am using a 9.6v butterfly tattu battery. The past 2 times when I have gone out to play the gun has been misfiring like crazy. Whenever I pull the trigger, I can hear the motor fire, but nothing comes out. I can fire maybe one or two more times and then either 2 bbs come out or one which curves down and doesnt go more then 15 feet. Then I will finally get one bb that goes the normal velocity, although even though my hop up is set to the maximum upward curve, or basically off, it still curves down faster then it should. I have cleaned the barrel and have checked the hop up mechanism. I have tried using a non stock mag and still have the same issue. My friend also lubed a couple bbs and while that helped a tiny tiny bit, its still not working right. I do think there is a tiny short in the connection to the battery, as if I move the wires that go from the battery to the fuse housing too much it will loose power. Every time I pull the trigger tho it does "fire". I am willing to take things apart if needed. 

On 1/30/2021 at 7:09 PM, JudgementalShoelace said:

Alright so I have had my combat machine for around 3 years. Its the high velocity long barrel version.  While I have had it for a while, I have only played about 120 full match days with it. I am using a 9.6v butterfly tattu battery. The past 2 times when I have gone out to play the gun has been misfiring like crazy. Whenever I pull the trigger, I can hear the motor fire, but nothing comes out. I can fire maybe one or two more times and then either 2 bbs come out or one which curves down and doesnt go more then 15 feet. Then I will finally get one bb that goes the normal velocity, although even though my hop up is set to the maximum upward curve, or basically off, it still curves down faster then it should. I have cleaned the barrel and have checked the hop up mechanism. I have tried using a non stock mag and still have the same issue. My friend also lubed a couple bbs and while that helped a tiny tiny bit, its still not working right. I do think there is a tiny short in the connection to the battery, as if I move the wires that go from the battery to the fuse housing too much it will loose power. Every time I pull the trigger tho it does "fire". I am willing to take things apart if needed. 

You have several issues and your AEG may finally have broken an internal part.  However, you need to localize the root cause.

-Your nozzle or tappet plate is potentially damaged/broken.

-Maximum Upward Curve is Not basically off.  And that could be your issue if it is set for maximum upward curve.  

-Do Not lube bbs.  Never lube bbs.  You need it to be dry and clean so it takes a good back spin.  Lubbing bbs is like rubbing oil on tread of your tires.  Do Not do that...

If you have greasy bbs and your hop-up is on maximum...there is the feed and firing issue.   So, which is it...maximum curve (on all the way)?  or Off?

-Battery shorts have nothing to do with feeding issues.  That is like saying a broken headlight is affecting your tires traction on snow.

Edited by Guges Mk3