Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gergify

Electric Blow Back Guns

Guest Gergify

I been recently wondering if I should buy an electric blow back pistol 4 a secondary weapon. I suggestings?

P.S. srry I'm posting alot, I hope I'm not being a jerk.

Edited by Gergify

Electric blowbacks suck. don't buy one. The only one I ever saw that shot somewhat good(straight, but low fps) was the crossman pulse p50. And that still shot pretty crappy. Anyways, my friend was standing still at 10 feet away before and I couldnt hit him! The bbs fly everywhere. By the way I have a clear sig sp2340 sig pro ebb.

yea they arent worth it. low fps, inaccurate, all sorts of reasons. if you really want something thatll be efficient and you wont have to :censored2: it each time then try a cheap gbb. sig sauer (or whatever they're called) can be pretty cheap for the price and still shoot decently hard. if not your gonna be using a springer. hope I helped

Yeah don't get an electric blow back...they have a decent rate of fire but the bb's travel at about 150-160fps and just kinda float there. Even the tokyo marui glock 18c kinda sucks. Get a decent springer or a gas gun.

Guest Gergify

In the gas guns, don't you have buy the containers of CO2 I think it is. Aren't those expensesive ??? That would be my only concern. . . . the CO2 tanks.

In the gas guns, don't you have buy the containers of CO2 I think it is. Aren't those expensesive ??? That would be my only concern. . . . the CO2 tanks.

First off most gas guns take green or hfc 134a gas that comes in large canisters that you use to feed a resiviour(didn't spell that right) inside of the guns magazine. Very few gas pistols have an external gas feeding rig like some paintball guns(a can of gas is good for about 500shots (correct me if im wrong there) and cost about 10bucks a canister). Most guns that do take CO2 take it in the form of the 12gram canisters, which are very inexpensive, I use them in one of my pellet guns and its only like 10-15 bucks for twenty five canisters at wal-mart. Just a heads up though unless your willing to spend at least 100dollars for a gas gun don't bother you'll just end up with some sub-quality clone. If you can't afford a good gas pistol buy a decent springer like a UHC M9 or Tokyo Marui spring pistol.

Guest triggerhappy
I been recently wondering if I should buy an electric blow back pistol 4 a secondary weapon. I suggestings?

P.S. srry I'm posting alot, I hope I'm not being a jerk.

Welcome to the board. There is nothing wrong with posting a lot as long as you don't post for rank.

I have to agree with everyone, don't get an EBB. I used one as my sidearm for a long time and it was okay playing against springers but the bbs flew so slow that enemies could dodge them. For a beginner a spring pistol is a good sidearm, an gas gun is even better. Gas blowbacks are very expensive, but for $30 you can get a non-blowback. You do have to buy gas for them, but the system is very simple. Either you get a can of greengas that you can use to refill your gun many times, or you get a CO2 gun that uses small cartriges. The cartriges can be bought in boxes of 25 or 50 at Wal*Mart pretty cheap. Try searching around the gas section if you decide on a gas gun.

Why can't manufacturers make EBB's more powerful and use an AEG type battery? Wouldn't people buy that?

One would think. But there is really no point becuase they already have AEP's which is a more powerful EBB(without the "blow-back") which a rechargeable AEG type battery. And besides, some people like the EBB"s becuase they arent that powerful and are fairly cheap.

The reason why they don't make EBB stronger, is because it would take too much time and effort, and they would have made somthing more powerfull. GBB and NBB. If you don't want a gas gun, get an AEP. Both of them have semi auto, and I have heard the M92R has a burst fire function instead of full auto.

It really depends on who your playing and how your playing. If your playing with high level springers or AEG's then you probably don't want one unless you guys sometimes run in and play at around 10-15 feet . If your playing with cheap springers then an EBB would work ok in the situation unless you always play really far out.

I have seen an EBB used in a relatively high level springer fight effectively. It was a 2v2 and my friend carried a Super 9, a spring pisol, and an EBB. They were scared of his Super 9 even though it's worse than mine because its a "sniper". They were hiding behind a van and I was picking them off from 150 feet. they turn to shoot me and I see my friend sneaking up with his EBB he jumps out and gets 3 hits on both of them(we were playing 3 hits/lives). Oh, and the other people had good springers, as good as ours. So in that situation it helped, you might want one for situations like that.

Well, if you slam fired a shotgun (not that I'd ever do that) it could fire about as quickly as an ebb, and the bb's go at about 160fps, which fat people can dodge.

Try looking at the Sig Sauer P226 on shortyusa.com. It's a springer and gets 283 FPS. Or you can look at the UHC M9 Military Pistol which I think is all-metal, gets 275 and also on shortyusa.com. Springers are good backup. Thought I'd throw in my two favorites (I've owned them both in the past)