THE CSI AUG Assassin Electric Rifle--------$49.99

I couldn't help but fall in love when I read the description on Shorty.com--but I couldn't help thinking "there is no way a gun with these specs can sell for $49.99". :a-shocked:

Apparently it can. And it does. 2 of 3 vesions are sold out and I can't get one!

Both the black and the grey versions are STILL sold out and I can't help but think that one of you all owns one. SO, is it all that it says it is? More importantly, how does it hold up/feel and should I buy it? Here are the specs from Shorty.com to compare...

ONLY comment if you know what you're talking about or HAVE ONE!

# Operation: Electric

# Select fire: Semi / Full Auto

# Muzzle velocity: 240 fps w/ .12g

# Muzzle velocity: 200 fps w/ .2g

# Effective range: 100 feet

# Rate of fire: 700 RPM

# Ammo type: .12g or .2g

# Hop Up: Fixed

# Weight: 4.5 lbs

# Magazine capacity: 62 rds

# Length: 32 In

# Battery: 9.6v 700 mah

Is it all that it says it is? Pros and Cons are welcome too. Thanks.

Edited by Airsoft San Anselmo

Umm... what makes this gun so amazing?

:a-confused:

That its so cheap and that it has decent FPS and accuracy.

:a-confused:

That its so cheap and that it has decent FPS and accuracy.

It's cheap, but it's not durable. And I wouldn't call that decent FPS, though better than a mini. I can't speak for the accuracy, but I'd rather get a decent spring rifle for that much. But I'm speaking from my point of view - I don't know what you have in mind.

Ok so I decided to put a little more cash in ( I took it out of my sidearm fund--I figured I wouldn't need a sidearm with this badass) Is it worth the cash? I saw it on shorty and I cut the description out. You can see the pic <AT> shortyusa.com--just look for the UTG Commando under Electric Guns.

What do you think and do you know of anywhere where it's cheaper? (other than shortyusa.com)

UTG AK-47 Commando AEG Airsoft Rifle

# The UTG AK is modeled after a Romanian made AK-47 variant so the first thing you will notice is the different selector pattern from the traditional AK. One click down from safety is semi automatic for controlled accurate shots. Drop the selector down another click to full auto and at the squeeze of the trigger the Commando rips out 15 shots in under a second. The overall finish of the gun is outstanding as you can tell from the pictures. It is extremely hard to tell the plastic parts from the metal parts because the finish is so good.

# Construction: Boasting an extremely high metal content the Commando weighs in at just under 7 pounds fully loaded. Metal parts include: muzzle break collar, click adjustable rear sight, bolt, upper receiver cover, trigger, selector switch, rear sling mount and butt plate.

The upper receiver cover has a plastic tri rail mount attached to it with three screws. However, this can be removed for a more traditional AK look although it does leave three holes in the cover.

# Performance: The Commando has a slightly higher rate of fire and is noticeably louder than the WarHawk. It uses a standard Version 3 metal gearbox with metal gears which is compatible with most Marui upgrades. The largest battery you can fit into the stock is an 8.4v 1800mah however with a 30 second modification you can shoehorn in an 8.4v 3300mah!! Behind the spring loaded bolt lies the adjustable hop up just like on the Marui. The adjustment slider is very positive feeling and does not vibrate out of position during firing.

The two 340 round high capacity magazines that are included have reliable feeding on both semi and full auto. The WarkHawk is also 100% compatible with Marui magazines and every magazine that is compatible with a Marui will work in the UTG!

# Goodies: Included with the Commando are two 340 round high capacity magazines, 8.4v 1800mah battery pack, trickle charger, UTG 3 point tactical sling, tri rail weaver mount and a UTG speed loader. The loading tool is not needed to load the included high capacity magazines but is a nice feature in case you order some standard magazines with the gun.

If you are getting one of your first AEGs please take a moment and read the following Hints and Tips for AEG owners.

# WARNING: Battery charge time is 6 hours with the included charger. Do not overcharge your battery or you will damage it.

This gun MUST use Ultra Grade .2g or .25g BBs such as our KSC BBs recommended below. This gun uses a tighter barrel and components than other lower cost electric guns. Lower grade BBs will not work correctly and will jam in this gun even if they are .2g. This can cause severe damage to your gun and will not be covered under warranty.

Specifications are from our test results.

# Operation: Electric

# Select fire: Semi / Full Auto

# Muzzle velocity: 280 fps w/ .2g

# Effective range: 150 feet

# Maximum range: 170 feet

# Rate of fire: 900 RPM

# Ammo type: KSC .2g or .25g

# Hop Up: Adjustable

# Weight: 6.5 lbs

# Magazine capacity: 340 rds

# Length: 28 inches

# Battery: Large type 8.4v

# Motor: Hyper 1800

# Comes with orange tip

Edited by Airsoft San Anselmo

I have one and its a piece of crap! I commented on something like this not to long ago. Yeah its good for a LPEG when it WORKS. Like I said elsewhere the disassembly is sweet, but it brakes easy, especialy the foregrip. Mine broke and I didn't even touch it. Again mine only fires in full auto, and I can't stop it once I pull the trigger. It just stays in full auto untill I remove the battery. On the positive side it does have an allright rate of fire, its pretty accurate and the gun overall is pretty sturdy (besides the foregrip) And it smells good. I haven't got a chance to take it apart and see if I can fix the firing problem. I will soon and ill get back to you. It might just be some little thing I can fix in to seconds or not we'll see. Oh and its LOUD, im talkin BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH. My ears starting ringin when I emptyed the mag in complete silence, indoors. So if you do get it get some ear plugs.

I have one and its a piece of crap! I commented on something like this not to long ago. Yeah its good for a LPEG when it WORKS. Like I said elsewhere the disassembly is sweet, but it brakes easy, especialy the foregrip. Mine broke and I didn't even touch it. Again mine only fires in full auto, and I can't stop it once I pull the trigger. It just stays in full auto untill I remove the battery. On the positive side it does have an allright rate of fire, its pretty accurate and the gun overall is pretty sturdy (besides the foregrip) And it smells good. I haven't got a chance to take it apart and see if I can fix the firing problem. I will soon and ill get back to you. It might just be some little thing I can fix in to seconds or not we'll see. Oh and its LOUD, im talkin BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH. My ears starting ringin when I emptyed the mag in complete silence, indoors. So if you do get it get some ear plugs.

Is it really that fragile or did you break it some other way? Maybe it's a lemon or something. Are they notoriously breakable? How did it break?

Is it really that fragile or did you break it some other way? Maybe it's a lemon or something. Are they notoriously breakable? How did it break?

No its not really fragile, just don't drop it on concrete. The foregrip is garbage, expect it to break. And im telling you I did not touch it when it broke, so I don't know. I went to go use it one day and the trigger did what I said. Then the foregrip broke and again I didn't brake it, I went to get it and I was like awww. That trigger thing really bothers me cause I didn't do anything to it........in fact ill go check that trigger out right now.

No its not really fragile, just don't drop it on concrete. The foregrip is garbage, expect it to break. And im telling you I did not touch it when it broke, so I don't know. I went to go use it one day and the trigger did what I said. Then the foregrip broke and again I didn't brake it, I went to get it and I was like awww. That trigger thing really bothers me cause I didn't do anything to it........in fact ill go check that trigger out right now.

Yeah dude busted up bad. Another one for the wall. But you know I only really bought it for my collection. I wanted an AUG but didn't wanna spend $300. I only put a couple mags through it. And it broke on me and I didn't even use it in a game. So I don't know hows its gonna take all that punishment. Don't get me wrong its a good LPEG for the price and it looks totaly sweet, I do not regret buying it at all. If you have extra money Id pick it up, I got it for 80 bucks so the price isn't bad at all.

EDIT- lol yeah I bought mine at the fleamarket unopend, so thats why it was so much. Online its cheaper because of shipping.

2nd EDIT- I was reading the other posts and thought Id mention the accurecy, I got a quarter size group from 10 feet out and a 2inch group from 20 feet, holding it. I don't have a stand

Edited by Assasin