kryptik

G36 Takedown Guide -massive, Full Color!

I want to installl a tight bore in mine. What steps would I follow?

I want to installl a tight bore in mine. What steps would I follow?

I think you just need to remove the 3 screws holding the barrel to the receiver, pull the barrel from the receiver, remove the inner barrel/hopup assembly from the outer barrel, then remove the hop up from the barrel and switch the barrels

I have a question in addition to the tight bore.

Is it possible to do it without removing the mechbox? If it isn't it's not a problem for me.

You do not need to remove the mechbox.

Nice guide, man. I don't know what I would have done without it when I upgraded my gun earlier today.

I have an Echo 1 G36C, and I also am looking to add a precision tight bore barrel and suppressor/silencer.

Is there ANY possibility you could document that process? I am good with this guide doing the take down and prep, but would like to know a little more on the reassembly.

This is an EXELLENT guide, I just finished making a word doc wil all the wonderful images for use as a reference manual.

Thank you.

MORE PLEASE!

Edited by Captain Phil

First I've used this guide several times and found it extremely helpful in taking apart my many G36's. I have a CA, and several JG/Echo1's and it has applied to all of them.

As for the Barrel replacement, I got this from a Fidget over at the MAAPR forums and it helped when I was replacing the inner barrel. Hope it aids you guys as well!

[Fidget] 8:57 pm: ok

[Fidget] 8:58 pm: do you know how to

break the guns down to the inner barrel?

[

[Fidget] 8:59 pm: ok well with the barrel

in your hand, turn the hopup all the way off

[Fidget] 9:00 pm: then towards the front

of it, there should be a plastic clip, that clip

will pop off

[Fidget] 9:01 pm: then you are ready to

pull the barrel out. BUT make sure that

you have the hop upside down, feed tube

facing up and keep it that way until you

are done

[Fidget] 9:02 pm: slide the barrel out

and make sure you don't get the bucking

caught, after that take the bucking off ,

then take what ever barrel you are putting

in.

[Fidget] 9:02 pm: take the barrel and

make sure that the long notch in it

matched up with the plastic ridge in the

bucking

[Fidget] 9:04 pm: Now pushing all that

back in the hopup, make sure the feed

tube ist still facing up, and the side of the

barrel with the long notch is facing up.

now push it back in. and slide the clip on

[Fidget] 9:04 pm: that should be all you

need to do on all of them

Hi all,

First post, and thanks for the guide. :a-salute: One thing springs to mind though - your webhost Imageshack. I'm sure I read somewhere that they're ceasing hosting pictures soon, so it might be an idea to check into that before they disappear. If so, it'd be a good idea to relocate the pics, so that this excellent guide isn't lost :)

I was dissasembling my hopup...and I completely screwed something up. I lost the little "nub" that gets pushed down into the hopup bucking. Where can I get a new one? I also can't seem to get my barrel back into the hopup mechinism with the rubber tube on it because theres a metal ring at the end (where you stick the barrel into) that is stopping the rubber hopup bucking. HELP PLEASE.

Thank you very much for puting this together. I have a CA G36c wich I'm very happy with, except the bb's seem to hook right at about 60ft or so. This gives it much less reach then I have been reading in the reviews. Would a poor hop-up orientation cause this, say, if it whasn't "strait down"? Would welcome any advice for this replica.

OMG best freakin guide in t3h world! sorry this has to be my first post here, but... I was desperately in need of this! as I have a game in 1 week and need to fix my hopup, it appears as though a FEW pieces of mine are missing however... I was wondering why my hopup adjustment wheel was moving back and forth on the shaft... not good, I wonder if I will get the new part in time...

should I get the CA version or TM? is there a difference in reliability, durability, and functionality?

Thank you very much for puting this together. I have a CA G36c wich I'm very happy with, except the bb's seem to hook right at about 60ft or so. This gives it much less reach then I have been reading in the reviews. Would a poor hop-up orientation cause this, say, if it whasn't "strait down"? Would welcome any advice for this replica.

Probably, but have you tried cleaning the barrel? That almost always helps with these problems.

OMG best freakin guide in t3h world! sorry this has to be my first post here, but... I was desperately in need of this! as I have a game in 1 week and need to fix my hopup, it appears as though a FEW pieces of mine are missing however... I was wondering why my hopup adjustment wheel was moving back and forth on the shaft... not good, I wonder if I will get the new part in time...

should I get the CA version or TM? is there a difference in reliability, durability, and functionality?

TM is better internally, especially stock. The CA is definately better externally (I have the CA G36K). The externals both look and feel great, while the Marui plastic is too dark and plasticky, and has plenty of creaks. PM me if you want more info.

Oh, and welcome to ASF.

Edited by Lizzard

Uh, I think this is pinned...

On to the flash hider problem: What brand is your G36? I have the CA G36K, and the flash hider is supposedly removeably, but I havn't been able to do it so far. I need a clamp...

I got a JG/Echo 1. If thats a Tm, and the Jg a clone, wouldn't it work? I found a tiny screw in the flash hider but I couldn't get it off when the screw was out.

I got a JG/Echo 1. If thats a Tm, and the Jg a clone, wouldn't it work? I found a tiny screw in the flash hider but I couldn't get it off when the screw was out.

What direction were you unscrewing? Most airsoft guns (and real guns) have counter clockwise threads, meaning you have to screw it in the opposite direction to tighten or loosen the flash hider. Otherwise, it may be glued, or just screwed on rediculously tight.

I don't think you said how to remove the flashhider......I need to know how, as I want to get a silencer or a new flashhider. Also I think you need to remove it for the barrel.

Take off the big pin on the handguard, then slide off the hanguard.

Look around the bottom of the flashhider and check for a very small black dot. You actually take a small allen wrench and put it in there and screw until it comes off. Screw the silencer on.

Do you know where to get a silencer for the g36c?

Can somebody give me a link to a site that sells the correct TB Barrel and hop up bucking. I have never purchased a new hop up bucking before and don't know which one to get.

I heard firefly was good but I need a site that sells both barrel and bucking.

Look around the bottom of the flashhider and check for a very small black dot. You actually take a small allen wrench and put it in there and screw until it comes off. Screw the silencer on.

Any 14mm counterclockwise (some websites will say anti-clockwise) threaded silencer/ flash-hider should work fine.

Airsoftgi and Evike have some pretty-good ones. The MK-23 (SOCCOM) handgun silencer should even work on it.

Can somebody give me a link to a site that sells the correct TB Barrel and hop up bucking. I have never purchased a new hop up bucking before and don't know which one to get.

I heard firefly was good but I need a site that sells both barrel and bucking.

Here's a nice plethora of Buckings:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/index.php?cPath=24_71_368

*They also have a pretty extensive barrel selection that specifies barrel-length (in mm's) and suggests the typical model for each barrel (unless you're upgrading it with a longer barrel and suppressor). Prometheus and Systema are, generally, considered the best but all companies' barrels will offer improvement compared to the stock barrel.

**Firefly isn't on that site's list but, unless you REALLY want to spend about 20+ $ on bucking here's a site you can get them from:

http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-327-hop-up...g-fire-fly.aspx

Otherwise it seems that Systema's Hop-Up bucking gets the job done well-enough for 1/4 the price. I'm probably going to buy those to replace the stock-bucking on my G36c soon.

Edited by Giveadont

I've been looking for a good visual-guide as to how one should disassemble a G36c just to play it safe and make sure nothing goes wrong during the process and this guide came highly suggested. However, just to let KrYpTiK or somebody of importance know (if someone hasn't already) - the pictures you had uploaded are no-longer hosted and, therefore, are gone. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could salvage them or upload similar pictures.

Is the threading of that small screw normal or reversed?

A buddy of mine who thought he had a clue how to take the end off ended up trying to drill out that screw and I believe there's still a bit inside(couldn't get the hider off)

I'm going to try and find a small screw extractor set and get the damn thing out

Any 14mm counterclockwise (some websites will say anti-clockwise) threaded silencer/ flash-hider should work fine.

Airsoftgi and Evike have some pretty-good ones. The MK-23 (SOCCOM) handgun silencer should even work on it.

The MK23 suppressor would NOT fit, it is 16mm. Most airsoft guns are 14mm, counter-clockwise threaded, for those asking on the threads.

The MK23 suppressor would NOT fit, it is 16mm. Most airsoft guns are 14mm, counter-clockwise threaded, for those asking on the threads.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=25603

According to this website the G&P Version IS a 14mm. I suppose you thought I was suggesting the one that comes standard with the Gas MK23 (of which, I am not knowledgeable on the details of) however, that's my fault for lack of specificity.

And this is a tutorial that uses that exact G&P silencer as its example on a G36c:

http://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/articles/g3...rrelupgrade.htm

And while on the subject of that Tutorial I found an interesting inconsistency: according to Evike the HK51 barrel measures 390mm, whereas on the tutorial the same Systema HK51 barrel is supposedly 369mm.

*Tutorial, again:

*Site linked in tutorial:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...p?idProduct=627

**Evike's Barrel

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=24413

-Would anybody be able to tell me (from either clever deduction or first-hand knowledge) which site is correct or direct me to where such a question might be answered.

Edited by Giveadont

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=25603

According to this website the G&P Version IS a 14mm. I suppose you thought I was suggesting the one that comes standard with the Gas MK23 (of which, I am not knowledgeable on the details of) however, that's my fault for lack of specificity.

And this is a tutorial that uses that exact G&P silencer as its example on a G36c:

I suppose you meant a SOCOM style suppressor, in which case, yes, it would fit, I own a G&P SOCOM suppressor. Just make sure you buy the CCW version.

And please use the edit function over double-posting next time.

This seems like possibly an acceptable place to ask a question I have about the rear sight on my TM G36C, which I needed to take apart. I think I may have lost a small squarish piece, which I do not see or understand the function of, but which shows up in the explosion diagram next to the letters GC-47 (it's the first Google image search result for g36c explosion diagram). The only bits I have, apart from the hinged housing and the screw and spring that keep it in place, are the sight itself, the adjustment screw, and the tapered spring.

Either I am missing this mysterious piece, or there is some trick to putting this thing back together, since the sight does not now flip correctly when I reassemble it. It now stays midway between the two positions, and unscrews itself if you play with it. Does anyone understand how this piece is suppose to work, or know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ok I need some major help. My CA G36k just recently stoped working. I was using it and then this little sparky noice right by the trigger. So I didnt know what to do and so I just took it apart using a guide. So now I have the heart of the gun sitting around. No clue what to do but really want to get this fixed soon! please reply and let me know. thx