jordant

Show Off Your Rifle!

agree. why don't you post a pic of it in a woodland environment. that would be cooler :a-wink:

I live in Florida, Not to many woods around MY Area. So maybe when we go up to the next game, (November or December) I'll get a few pics of her. :) But. That the pic you'll have to deal with for a while. :a-thumbsup:

This Sniper Rifle was actually going to be a steampunk design. Then I scratched that idea. :P (The grass was my backyard actually, I could find a woodland looking place back there if I really really tried. :P)

Here's my beauty.

I was thinking about painting it, but I'm indecisive since the RIS would be a difficulty.

I have just fell in love. The only thing I don't like is that stock. I don't know why, But the L96A1's stock will win me over more than the one you have. I don't know what that stock is called so, Kill me :a-blushing:

Dude thats an m14, not even close to a bolt action L96.

Love the look of the gun though. Ive seen that RIS before but I havent gotten a chance to see how it looks on the gun. Any plans with upgrades?

By the way, is the harris bipod on backwards??

Edited by airsoftglen

not necisarily backwards, I mean it could open whichever way you want, haha

...but omg...seriously the sexiest DMR or assault rifle EVER

.....I like my sniper rifle better :a-wink: but dang, really sweet man, best looking assault rifle

Haha thanks for the comments. I was experimenting with how the bipod should be placed. Right now it is on right, as it should be, and it looks even sexier. I'm getting a 40mm sunshade for it if I don't get a better scope altogether.

As for internal upgrades, I only have a SCS. I don't really know what I want to do with it yet. If you could help a brother out I'd appreciate it :)

Edited by SupraAddict

sure dude, that rifle deserves some kinda badassery medal, haha

THIS bucking:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4007

harder spring, sturdier piston (if it's a DMR, I'd say aluminum), torque motor, matrix magnum is good

and make sure you have at least a 9.6v

sure dude, that rifle deserves some kinda badassery medal, haha

THIS bucking:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4007

harder spring, sturdier piston (if it's a DMR, I'd say aluminum), torque motor, matrix magnum is good

and make sure you have at least a 9.6v

Bucking is a soft bucking, needs to be hard. Go with KWA G2 over firefly. Stick with plastic piston. Pistons break, and always will break. If the piston doesn't break it will just break something else. So, you can go with the cheap plastic piston and replace it after ever so many thousands of rounds, or you can get the expensive aluminum one and replace the gears, gearbox, piston head, or cylinder head that it breaks after every so many thousands of rounds...

soft bucking is better, may have to be replaced after a while, but he never even gave the FPS, so I'd say soft (it also has a V in it)

and as for the piston, I don't really have a lot of experience in going through pistons, but nothing should be breaking if you keep really good care of your gun, yes the piston would be your best choice if something HAS to break, but if you're gonna stay on semi auto...idk, I'd say aluminum

You said harder spring, implying higher FPS, making the need for hard bucking.

What do I know though.

Supraaddict, there is wonderful guides for AEG Sniper rifles on airsoftsniper and arniesairsoft. If you haven't already checked them out, they are worth the read.

I too fell pray to that harder bucking BS and it makes things worse than better. after using madbulls, prommy, and firefly's hard buckings, even wtih above 400fps rifles it doesn't make anything better. Plus they are more expensive. I would rather have the much cheaper systemas and replace them whenever they go bad for $6 (which so far the Sys bucking in my mp5 has last 26k rounds)

You said harder spring, implying higher FPS, making the need for hard bucking.

What do I know though.

woops, ya got me there, lol

but honestly, I don't know much about AEG's and what's best, but my friend who absolutely does said an aluminum piston would be good for me and my m120 spring

An aluminum piston is a bit more durable, but it is louder and it will beat the crap out of a plastic piston head and cylinder head and if all the teeth are metal, lube will have to be used as the friction created by the metal teeth will either heat up or scratch the gear teeth thus wearing them down.....

I too fell pray to that harder bucking BS and it makes things worse than better. after using madbulls, prommy, and firefly's hard buckings, even wtih above 400fps rifles it doesn't make anything better. Plus they are more expensive. I would rather have the much cheaper systemas and replace them whenever they go bad for $6 (which so far the Sys bucking in my mp5 has last 26k rounds)

thank-you

Regarding the hard/soft bucking, what I have found is that for the rifles that I own that work best with the light rounds such as .27's .29's .30's etc. work better with a soft bucking because they don't need a great deal of pressure to be applied to the bucking for lift. For the heavier rounds such as .36's .40's and .43's, the hard buckings tend to prove to be more reliable because the soft buckings I have put in these rifles have actually ripped from just the short amount of shooting done to just adjust the hop up. The only logical thing I can think of for why they rip so fast is the from the higher shooting pressures and the greater force needed to be applied to them to get lift causes the rip.

Regarding the hard/soft bucking, what I have found is that for the rifles that I own that work best with the light rounds such as .27's .29's .30's etc. work better with a soft bucking because they don't need a great deal of pressure to be applied to the bucking for lift. For the heavier rounds such as .36's .40's and .43's, the hard buckings tend to prove to be more reliable because the soft buckings I have put in these rifles have actually ripped from just the short amount of shooting done to just adjust the hop up. The only logical thing I can think of for why they rip so fast is the from the higher shooting pressures and the greater force needed to be applied to them to get lift causes the rip.

thanks for the insight ive used almost exclusively .29 sgms sooooooooo this is something I never ran into ill make sure to keep that in mind.

just think about it, like, glass vs shoe rubber

obviously the softer one will rip easier, but another thing to keep in mind is that softer will always grip better, meaning more efficiant and consistant hop up

BUT, like wonko said, it can rip quite easily with a lot of force on it

so higher FPS and heavier rounds, just because you need the rubber to last at LEAST a day, you'll need a harder bucking

but for overall better accuracy, softer is better, the problem is durability

I typically use .27 Biovals but am now going to give the Madbull .36's and 43's a shot. For the .27's a harder bucking seems to act much more sensitive to adjustment. Each click of my hopup dial gives a slightly different effect. This must be hell for springer users who have to deal with their sliding bar or jury rigged top-down screw in adjuster. This isn't true for soft bucking which give much more sluggish results. I also noticed a bit more efficiency with the hard buckings. I lose about 20fps when using a soft bucking. If it isn't a construction issue (different brands) then I'm guessing it has more to do with the need to apply more pressure with the soft bucking to get the desired results.

I'm currently using a custom H style nub created by myself instead of a flat bar style or the stock U shape. The two point of contact design might have an effect on all of this.

I typically use .27 Biovals but am now going to give the Madbull .36's and 43's a shot. For the .27's a harder bucking seems to act much more sensitive to adjustment. Each click of my hopup dial gives a slightly different effect. This must be hell for springer users who have to deal with their sliding bar or jury rigged top-down screw in adjuster. This isn't true for soft bucking which give much more sluggish results. I also noticed a bit more efficiency with the hard buckings. I lose about 20fps when using a soft bucking. If it isn't a construction issue (different brands) then I'm guessing it has more to do with the need to apply more pressure with the soft bucking to get the desired results.

I'm currently using a custom H style nub created by myself instead of a flat bar style or the stock U shape. The two point of contact design might have an effect on all of this.

huh, the FPS makes sense, but that is very odd about the .27's having better hop with a hard bucking, it doesn't really make sense...I think maybe the hard bucking you used is probly a better made brand?...or just different, it would be a good test to do firefly hard vs firefly soft...the BB probly makes a difference too..I'll have to test that eventually

and I have madbull .4's, I washed them and they are actually VERY accurate, although this could be because of the weight

huh, the FPS makes sense, but that is very odd about the .27's having better hop with a hard bucking, it doesn't really make sense...I think maybe the hard bucking you used is probly a better made brand?...or just different, it would be a good test to do firefly hard vs firefly soft...the BB probly makes a difference too..I'll have to test that eventually

and I have madbull .4's, I washed them and they are actually VERY accurate, although this could be because of the weight

Better hop up? No. More sensitive to hopup? Yes. Pros and cons to that.

Madbulls are still in the mail and won't get them for 2 weeks. Possibly 3 weeks before I can test them at a field.

are you saying the harder bucking is more sensative? because I don't see how that could be possible

or are you reffering to the BB's?

..dang, too bad, haha

Saying that I get more of a reaction from bb's when I apply more or less hopup than a soft bucking. This shouldn't be news to anyone. Lighter bb's on a hard bucking are going to be more sensitive to hopup adjustment. This isn't always a good thing though. But with the click dial on the KJW I don't have to worry so much about fine tuning like a slide bar and I can mark the dial where I have a sweet spot.

Saying that I get more of a reaction from bb's when I apply more or less hopup than a soft bucking. This shouldn't be news to anyone. Lighter bb's on a hard bucking are going to be more sensitive to hopup adjustment. This isn't always a good thing though. But with the click dial on the KJW I don't have to worry so much about fine tuning like a slide bar and I can mark the dial where I have a sweet spot.

They are actually pretty good. I use the .43g in my Kjw and they work just fine. They are pretty hard to adjust from shot to shot because they are black and you can't see them at all. But they are pretty high quality. I'm sure you can get better but they are pretty good for the price.

that just seems all wrong, a harder surface shouldn't grip more, haha

although it REEAALLY depends on the material I guess, I would do a test of firefly hard vs soft, but people say they've been lemons lately...? idk

My new Well MB05 (L96 in disguise)

photo4dr.jpg

photo3klv.jpg

photo2oj.jpg

photo1ll.jpg

Its completely stock right now but first day off I get there will be a few DIY upgrades :a-salute:

There actually was a stock that the Well is based off of. Laylax made it for the Maruzen APS-2. It is sometimes referred to as the APS2 shotgun stock. Pretty amazing, better looking than the Well.

Maruzen (Not mine)

2.jpg

this is my utg mk96, put in a systema scs hop up combo in with a hp hop up chamber, this xmas im replaceing it with a prometheus TBB and a pdi hop-up chamber =) and yes, I did paint a deathbat on my gun =)

post-53840-1288665997_thumb.jpg

post-53840-1288666318_thumb.jpg

post-53840-1288666327_thumb.jpg

Edited by mtd3w