jordant

Show Off Your Rifle!

what is the sp170 spring rated at? Because TK barrels are not for use above 330 fps

The Guarder SP170 shoots at 170m/s which is about 560fps.

Yes, I do know that the TK barrels are for guns under 1J.

I was talking to one of my friend in Taiwan.

He has a bunch of guns made in Japan, Taiwan and HK including the CA-25, SG M82 and TM AWS.

He has the TK Twist Barrel in his CA-25 (540fps) and according to him, it's just as effective.

What he told me was that since the CA-25 uses extended cylinder, the extra air value increases the pressure around the BB while it's in the barrel.

The extra pressure forces the air into the grooving, just like the down force of spoilers forcing the cars to stick to the ground at high speed.

So if what he said is true.......then.......the world will be different lol

------^^^^explained^^^^-------

Anyway, hoping that I can get the TK Twist Barrel Quickly....

so you are saying I can put a TK on my SVD? when you get the TK barrel can you compare the accuracy with a 1j spring in your CA25 and a sp170 in the same gun? just to see how much the FPS effects the accuracy. because having a TK in my SVD would be beyond epic.

so you are saying I can put a TK on my SVD? when you get the TK barrel can you compare the accuracy with a 1j spring in your CA25 and a sp170 in the same gun? just to see how much the FPS effects the accuracy. because having a TK in my SVD would be beyond epic.

I'm not saying just the FPS.

I'm saying that if you have cylinders BIGGER than a standard V2 cylinder, you might be able to use it at high FPS.

I Will do some comparison shooting at 60ft.

1J Spring with and without TK Twist, then it'll be the SP170 with and without twist.

Edited by EDI 1st

I'm not saying just the FPS.

I'm saying that if you have cylinders BIGGER than a standard V2 cylinder, you might be able to use it at high FPS.

I Will do some comparison shooting at 60ft.

1J Spring with and without TK Twist, then it'll be the SP170 with and without twist.

the concept ok tk barrels is that a certain volume of air go in the grooves and provide a cushion so the bb will not bounce in the barrel, so you make sense. But does the speed of the air effect the barrel's use? questions...I want to see a side by side comparison with a standard aeg cylinder type gun. :a-grin: and if porting would effect the barrel's use

Daum that BAR is pretty crazy. Looks like a ton of PDI external parts. Major props!

That stock also reminds me of the old Smokey's stock. Looks nice. Personally though, I think it'd look meaner without the suppressor.

Anyway, heres what I have been working on recently.

DSC_0082-1.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Started life as a Tanaka m40a1. Then received a custom made m40a3 stock. Now she is wearing a real-steel Remington 700 Short action Varmint stock. Mainly bought it for skirmishing since the A3 stock weighs a metric-sh!t-ton.

Also has a slew of internal upgrades and external rig.

Daum that BAR is pretty crazy. Looks like a ton of PDI external parts. Major props!

That stock also reminds me of the old Smokey's stock. Looks nice. Personally though, I think it'd look meaner without the suppressor.

Actually there are no PDI parts (except the 6.01 430mm IB). Just BAR 10 and Well MB02-07 parts. I bought everything used so the entire rifle cost me around $300

Setup:

Custom Stock

Zero Trigger w/ Piston

Teflon Cylinder

Stainless Steel Cylinder Head

Stainless Steel Spring Guide

Firefly Bucking

PDI 6.01 X 430 mm Inner Barrel

170 Spring

BTW nice job on your rifle. I always appreciate a good custom work.

Here is my TM VSR-10. It started life as a G-Spec but I gutted it and installed all PDI bore-up parts, including a PDI inner and outer barrel, and a PDI bore-up hop-up chamber. Paint is by Kevin from The War Store in Buffalo, NY.

dscn2554w.jpg

dscn2555t.jpg

dscn2556oa.jpg

dscn2557qs.jpg

dscn2558t.jpg

dscn2559.jpg

dscn2560y.jpg

dscn2560y.jpg

dscn2562z.jpg

So far the PDI chamber is working great and it has been very easy to tune out a left or right spin on the shot. Still need some more tuning (I have only had the rifle out once so far) but I can easily hit a man sized target at 250'.

Edited by thelav

use imageshack and your bandwidth won't go out. haha. but yes. exactly like that. iPad? Seriously, if I could, I'd blend them all using a blender.

Yea :(

There goes all of my pics till the 13th.....

This is my first attempt at painting .. I decided to use one of my lesser rifles to test on .. It didnt turn out too bad, I may end up doing it to my l96 but I like it black ..

This is the agm mp008, not a bad gun overall but there are some drawbacks .. alot of the metal parts are flimsy and the bipod wobbles like crazy in every direction.

But the gun is accurate and pretty decent stock .. I have just the stock stuff on it nothing special ..

IMG_1552-1.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

All I used was a grass stencil, a cut up laundy bag, and pine needles .. Flat khaki and flat OD green.

Edited by CMDR.CARNAGE

I'd first like to say I havent posted on here because "vera" (+1 if you know where thats from) is an AEG.

Sorry I don't have a picture of it on it's own. My Tm m14 promy tb and guarder internals pushing an M120, modded to semi only, KA rail system, 3-9x40mm scope with monster sunshade. I had to use the high mount rings otherwise the scope won't fit. It's paint is a sandbox effect of od, black, tan, and Brown. I used ferns and pine needles for some of the stencil.

226531_1030231789036_1022600923_119289_1383_n.jpg

250054_1927789907428_1022600923_2235733_1408144_n.jpg

KJW KC-02

EdGi 6.01 580mm Barrel

NC Star 3-9x Illuminated Mil Dot Scope

Leapers Steel Bi-Pod

Very Very Bright Green Laser

Deepfire 200mm Barrel Extension

IMG_20110708_160403.jpg

I incorrectly measured and did not account for the threading of the barrel extension. Luckily I have some flat black paint.

IMG_20110708_160439.jpg

Stock Vs EdGi

IMG_20110706_171114-1.jpg

Here's mine! I think she's due for a new paint job.

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

She's a UTG with:

Leaper's 3-9x40 rubber armored scope with red/green illumination (because my last name is "Leeper" :a-yesnod: )

NC Star bipod

PDI plastonite cylinder HD set

PDI short fluted barrel

PDI AI muzzle break

PDI hop up chamber

Laylax zero trigger

Madbull 6.03 ak length inner barrel

PDI barrel spacers

TM bucking

ACM mock suppressor

Polar Star piston

UTG upgrade kit spring/spring guide

Some DIY upgrades/modifications

I'm using the PS piston and UTG spring/spring guide cause I'm a retard and kind of broke the PDI HD piston by accident lol... So I then bought the PS piston, and it turned out it wouldn't take the Guarder m170 spring and PDI spring guide I had been previously using... So I just went ahead and got the UTG upgrade kit. Cause it was cheap. :a-thumbsup:

She shoots a very consistent ~580 fps with a .20g bb. However, that was the Chrono reading a couple months ago, I don't know if the UTG spring settled or not, or if it will lower/settle at all for that matter. I haven't really tested for maximum range, but at 200 feet it's pretty darn accurate with bioshot .30g's! The bb's will fly much, much further than 200 feet, but like I said, I just haven't tested how far yet.

Edited by Sedole