jordant

Show Off Your Rifle!

I'm writing a review in Greek for the DSR1.... And it's not going to have any positive comments...!

I skirmished with it once and a) lost the 2 pins that holds the the plastic bottom and the bottom hold in one piece the entire mag(!!) b) I lost the round bottom plate from one of the bipod legs!! I contacted Ares and they said will give a price quotation on the spare parts but after one month and ~50 mails still nothing!!

That day there was and a guy with the Ares XM110 and he lost 2 pins one from the receiver and one from the safety! I've never seen pis to fall like this before!!

Wolf

I'm writing a review in Greek for the DSR1.... And it's not going to have any positive comments...!

I skirmished with it once and a) lost the 2 pins that holds the the plastic bottom and the bottom hold in one piece the entire mag(!!) b) I lost the round bottom plate from one of the bipod legs!! I contacted Ares and they said will give a price quotation on the spare parts but after one month and ~50 mails still nothing!!

That day there was and a guy with the Ares XM110 and he lost 2 pins one from the receiver and one from the safety! I've never seen pis to fall like this before!!

Wolf

How in the world did those 2 pins pop out?

I was having trouble trying to get them out....

No, when people actually use any kind of spray type paint they usually hold it to close. This was done with simple duracoat paint, I was to lazy to drag my compressor from my brothers house to use an actual paint gun. I usually hold the can about 1 1/2 feet away and lay it on with light coats.

The pattern can be done using scotch blue painters tape. If you take some wax paper and lay it out, then cover it on both sides on the wax paper. Then draw and cut out your patterns, you now have 2 sets of patterns with less work.

Since the gun was black to start with I added the patterns down, laid a coat of matte tan/sand let it sit for 5 mins then laid a light coat of flat classic grey, let that sit for 10 mins. Laid another set of patterns down and covered it with almond with some tan thrown in. Dabbed it with light brown and done. It's all about how you paint, don't paint it to close to the actual body or it will run and go under the tape. Also helped to cure so fast that I had a portable heater in the room. After all was done and dried covered in a matte clear finish. 1-2 coats should be good. To much and you will have that sticky feeling. Any pattern can be accomplished this way.

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

My almost complete vsr g-spec scout rifle

DSC00342-1.jpg

Internals:

Laylax 430mm barrel

Nineball purple bucking

Laylax SP170 or SP150 spring (different fields have different fps maximums)

Laylax Zero Trigger and Piston

Laylax spring guide

Externals:

RS Remington 700 sights

NCStar 2.5x20 scope

Wave 2 upgrades:

Laylax G-spec barrel spacers

Laylax Cylinder head with damping kit

Cheek riser

Since the silencer is going to be permanent, any opinions on the color? I'm leaning towards the green to contrast, but tan would keep the barrel area consistent. While the spring pull is pretty hard on the 170, would the teflon cylinder help that much?

http://imageshack.us/g/840/img0126aj.jpg/

First one is my Kokusai SR-15, PDI 6.05 barrel, R-hop, modify hop chamber, booster's polishing mods, the works internally, externally it has a DTP Aluminum front set, a harris bipod with a homemade RIS adapter, and a Leupold Mk 4 3.5-10x40.

Second is my newly acquired VSR-10 G-spec, Laylax teflon cylinder, spring guide, z-trigger with piston, spring, EDGI ported barrel, nineball bucking, IR-hop/IER hop (2 barrels), and some other stuff, with a homemade sling and Tasco 3-9x40 scope

Third is my Kokusai CAR-15, booster tuned SCS, I have hits in excess of 60 meters in semi-auto at about 80 PSI (<400 fps) The mags even have trades, I tried getting a pic, but it didn't work.

Lastly is a family pic, enjoy!

That is true, if everyone had the same style of painting guns then what is the point of uniqueness. Clearly stated that I just didn't have a piece hold it up to it. Be kind've hard to get a clear defineing lines like that IMO, but not impossible. The method I used is the same way you would a car, minus actually using my paintguns. But as woogie stated, post up some of your own to show you own opinion on how it's done. I'm sure many can have their own critque about yours as well.

Thats not a rifle, its a bb gun. A redryder I believe? in which case red ryders are equal to a super nine.

Anyways heres mine

Bar10

little modifications here and there

shooting around 500fps with a .20 gram bb

Upgrades to come.

asgandglock008.jpg

asgandglock003.jpg

asgandglock002.jpg

BAR.10009.jpg

BAR.10007.jpg

BAR.10003.jpg

BAR.10002.jpg

Are those 6.5 creedmoors or normas, They look like creedmoors

Here's my newest rifle! It's a Well MBO2, and it's actually not at all that bad for such a cheap gun. Just DIY mods for now, since I'm quite pleased with the performance.

The lighting isn't that great inside and the colors look a lot better in sunlight.

G-Spec007.jpg

G-Spec010.jpg

G-Spec001.jpg

And, yes, I was inspired by Booligan's build over on AS-R. :a-thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments! :a-thumbsup:

I liked the paintjob so much (and I had extra paint) so I decided to paint my L96 too. It's pretty upgraded and I believe I'm the fourth(?) owner of the gun. It's been in my possession for almost a year now though.

Anyways, sorry for the poor lighting again and if some of the pictures are focused oddly..I'm still learning to use this canon rebel t2i. :a-crazy:

L96019.jpg

L96017.jpg

L96016.jpg

L96021.jpg

That a UTG MK96?

If so it could have possibly been mine :P

Becuase it looks like you have the PDI fluted outer barrel, the PDI type 1 muzzle break, and possibly a zero trigger. If I remember correctly you should have a Madbull 6.03 inner barrel that just peeks through into the suppressor...

Edited by woogie_man

That a UTG MK96?

If so it could have possibly been mine :P

Becuase it looks like you have the PDI fluted outer barrel, the PDI type 1 muzzle break, and possibly a zero trigger. If I remember correctly you should have a Madbull 6.03 inner barrel that just peeks through into the suppressor...

Yup, it's a UTG. And it probably was yours cause all those parts are/were on it when I purchased it. It also has a PDI palsonite cylinder set too and PDI hopup.

Did you cut the holes in the receiver where the barrel threads in and file (or something) down the threads on the barrel?

Yup that is my old baby :D Yup those parts were in it when I sold her.... :(

I don't remember cutting holes in the receiver...... you talking about small cuts along the side?? If so then yes that was me.... I got the outer barrel stuck in the receiver and had to get them apart. It was either the $150 barrel or the receiver, though I did have to file the threads a bit to make it fit nice and tight.

Any questions about her pm me and I would be more than happy to help you out.

I must say that she looks great. I really like what you have done with it.

Well you made a great rifle! :a-thumbsup: It came to me a little beat up, but it was easily fixed with a couple parts and some TLC :a-wink:

Yeah, I'm talking about the cuts. Ahh, that makes sense, I've just always wondered about those!

Thanks!

Heres my rifle rifle It is an AGM l96 with a typical l96 trigger. It is the only rifle I have seen where this has been done. It shoots 450fps with .25s and has an angel custom pistan kit and piston head as well as a full metal l96 trigger assembly. I haven't painted it at all and I do not think I am going to. I will put a red dot on it and see how it works and then I will try my scope.

Here's my primary SR a Tanaka M700 AICS

2m26zcg.jpg

HPA set-up.

2vxrijd.jpg

and worn DPM camo.

25p3j1k.jpg

Parts List:

Internal

> KA Extended Nozzle

> 2-Roy Hop-up VSR Barrel Conversion

> Creation Aliminium Hop-up Chamber

> HS5 R-Hop

> Polar-Star Striker Spring

> Laylax 555mm 6.03/300mm 6.03 and PDI 555mm 6.01 (I use what I feel like using)

> G&G Plunger Set for x2 29rnd Magazines(HPA)

> KM Steel Impact Plate (Green Gas magazine)

> G&G Steel Cocking Piece

> G&G Striker

> G&G Rubber Set

> G&G Gas Route Connector Spring

> Jackhammer II Regulator in the Stock

External

> Harris A1 Bi-Pod

> Barska 3.5-10x50 Scope P4 Reticle

> 13ci/3000PSI Guerrilla Tank

> UTG Tri-Rail Mount

> King Arms .45ACP Silencer + TAB Gear SAS3 Replica

Weather has been just awful lately so outside pictures are really lacking.