Buddy

Full Stock Or Crane Stock?

Which type?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Full Stock or Crane stock?

• Full Stock
    • Crane Stock
    • Don't care

I was just wondering what type of stock you prefer. I prefer a full stock because crane stocks seem flimsy to me.

I have to agree with Kyrptic here. Full stocks look nice, but you can't deny the use of a stock with the same batery storage (Or more) with the vesitility of a retractable stock.

I think the full stock is more supportive, although I like being able to adjust the stock when needed, and you don't really sacrifice in terms of battery for a crane stock except economically, so I'd have to say crane stock FTW.

Wow! The full stock has more votes then the crane stock. I would have never expected that.

Guest TriChrome

...not any more :) I voted for the crane stock. I don't think it's possible to fit my 10.8v 4200mah battery in a M16 full-stock without a good couple hours of dremeling (and even then it won't fit through the little door on the end of the full stock).

I would go with a full stock because while a crane stock is convenient/nice, it is just not as easy to put a battery in a crane stock as it is a full stock. I just like things that are simple, but effective.

Edited by Garandmonkey

Guest Bear

Full...cheap to replace, easy to maintain and procure batteries, little to no upkeep needed and fewer parts to lose.

Guest aka Erky

Necroed thread, so I might as well.....

Full stocks are the r0x0rz. Crane stocks are an abomination and came from the deep bowls of Hell.

That is all.

Guest Bear
Crane stocks are an abomination and came from the deep bowls of Hell.

Usually when a comment like this is made there's something to back it up.

For Airsoft I prefer the full stock for my aforementioned reasons. On my real steel M4 I like the collapsible stock since it works better when wearing my plate carrier. I might even grab up a crane-type stock so I have a place to put my extra EOTech batteries.

Guest aka Erky
Usually when a comment like this is made there's something to back it up.

I just don't like the look. :a-jester:

Guest Bear

See, was that so hard? :a-laugh:

No worries, mate, that's the great thing about Airsoft....don't like the looks, change it.

Edited by Bear

I like the fact that the crane stock can hold a battery, and extend to the proper adjustment for any type of firefight. While it may be a bit flimsy, I like the functions of it better.

I like the look of the crane stock.

Crane stock ftw. It's got beastly looks and functionality.

For airsoft, full stocks are the way to go, simply due to their ability to store a large type battery without undue hassle.

When I start running LiPo's, then I'll start considering collapsible stocks on my guns, but until then, I will remain a firm believer in the benefits of a solid stock.

Some people don't seem to realize: crane stocks are different from the standard AR retractable stock. Crane stocks are usually beefier and feel sturdier (to me, anyways), and they can hold special custom or "crane" batteries, which are capable of having quite large capacities.

So yes, I hate full stocks on many guns (M4, for example), and I prefer retractables, preferably crane stocks. But it depends on the gun. M16s, for example, are better with full stocks, the same with AKs (unless it's a SOPMOD AK (which own), then it's crane stock).

I hate crane stocks they're so ugly. they only look good on the HK rifles. I wish there were more companies that wired their guns to the buffer tube for a small 7.4 lipo so that way you can use a normal m4 stock or whatever and use rails without a peq box, however I don't mind peq boxes.

I hate crane stocks they're so ugly. they only look good on the HK rifles. I wish there were more companies that wired their guns to the buffer tube for a small 7.4 lipo so that way you can use a normal m4 stock or whatever and use rails without a peq box, however I don't mind peq boxes.

...and I will say it here too. Crane Stocks that hold batteries are wired to the buffer tube. It is one and the same.

Crane stock for looks and full stock for the sheer amount of battery you can store....

Crane stocks are also awesome for battery storage if you're running split cell lipos, but lemme tell ya theres nothing like putting a 5500 mAh 11.1v in the full stock and blasting all day....