<Mr.Me>!

P90 Question

Hi guys. It has been a long time since I have posted here, so a formal HI! is in order.

So on to my question. I have been waiting for the TM P90 RDS since I have gotten into airsoft (you can imagine my dissapointment when I heard the mold for it broke) and now that it is back I have been looking into things more closely. From the beggining I have heard that fuse removel is NOT GOOD. But when I look at all of the websites that have upgrade services they remove the fuse. I really want it upgraded before it is shipped because I do not know of any airsoft stores in Colorado Springs that upgrade. So I guess my question is why do they remove the fuse, and if you know about any stores that I might go to in the Colorado Springs area. My next question is what modifications are required to putt a Sanyo 9.6V 1700mAh

into it? Does it require, oh I don't know, FUSE REMOVEL??? lol.

I will tell you what I am trying to accomplish with this Airsoft gun as far as internals go, maybe it will help. I want it to shoot 400 FPS and no higher (I want to be able to play at what ever field I want to). The CKW MOSFET 350 Advanced Upgrade from WGC Shop looks good but it doesn't look like it has all the internal reinforcement I want nor does it upgrade to 400FPS. But I like the fact that it has all the power saving things and every thing with the trigger and all. The Marui AEG 400FPS advance upgrade, also from WGC Shop, does what I want it to with all the internal upgrades/reinforcement but they remove the fuse.

I hope that is clear enough, but if I did not say something clearly please tell me so I can clear it up.

~Mr.Me out :a-famerican:

1) Don't support or trust HK techs, chances are you will be disappointed.

2) Fuse removal is not bad in my opinion, it does lower the resistance in the current and gets rid of the hastle, and in return you have to be careful to not pull the trigger for extended periods if your gun has jammed or the motor is not turning over. Extra torque can be achieved from the removal of the fuse, and also a bit of extra room in the battery compartment. For 400 fps/9.6v upgrades though, fuse removal is not needed, all you need is to replace the fuse to a 20-25A from the original 15A.

3) I have no idea why HK techs remove fuses for basic upgrades, mabye they want to charge you more, look like they are doing more, I don't know.

4) As stated before, you do not need to remove the fuse to run the battery, only get a fuse with higher amperage tolerance.

5) The CKW MOSFET upgrade is a true waste of money, as a mosfet and the rest of the componenets to get it running only cost a few dollars, not hundreds.

Thanks that helps alot.

So basicaly what you are saying is that I should probably just get the gun upgraded state side. And that if I have them upgrade it to 400fps the only extra I would have to do is have them put in a "bigger" fuse. And the 9.6V batter would fit just fine without any mods? It says on the WGC Shop web site that modification is required to fit the battery in the compartment.

I had another thought. Is it possible to have them upgrade the gun and put a fuse in after?

I suppose is what I am asking is: What mods are required for the battery to fit in the compartment? And will it fit with a 25A fuse?

It has been a long day so I am not quite sure if I am making any sense what so ever.

Thank you for the fast reply, and I hope this is making sense.

~Mr.Me out :a-famerican:

1) Yes, if you must have it upgraded somewhere, stateside is your best bet.

2) A higher spring power won't require a fuse change, in most cases only in the event of higher voltage (I.e. 9.6v).

3) I'm sure the 9.6 1700 needs modding, as in dremeling and chiseling (chiselling a gun is always fun).

4) No, when they remove the fuse they will remove the fuse box as well, so you will have to either direct solder the fuse in-line again, or buy a new box/fuse clips and solder and/or crimp those in.

5) Higher tolerance fuses don't come in larger sizes, so yes a 25A will still fit fine.

I just got P90 new red dot.

The stock only has room for one mini 8.4volt battery. You could get a 9.6 volt, but it cannot be a stick pack. There is no room for a longer stick pack. There are other packs like L shaped battery pack, etc. But I don't want to touch the internal space. I think it's just fine with 8.4v.

The fuse is 15A fuse. I think AEG motors use usually about 10A and even that is for a second at a time. So, even if you use 9.6volt, it should be just fine. I think fuse is there only to save the battery if there is a massive short someplace. Otherwise, I don't think there is anyway for you burn off that 15A fuse. Technically the current would flow better with bigger guage wires instead of a fuse. But the difference would be so small, it wouldn't make any difference.

If you have not gotten P90 yet, get it, and use it a couple times in a skirmish. See how you like it. Then upgrade little by little.

Actually, AEGs can demand upwards of 25A of current in some short instances. Plus, the battery is pushing more amperage through the gun due to the higher voltage, whether the motor need it or not.