:a-confused: how dose the SOCOM preform compaired to the tm m16a2. (that is what my friend is getting).

mine came in yesterday from Japan. I have tried it out and so far it's great. The rifle seems easier to dial in the HOP UP than the original version???????

The location of the red dot is superb for quick target shooting. The one thing is that a large 9.6v batt 3300 Mah will not fit, so im using 9.6 1400 mah mini batt (works great)

I play CQB here in Japan, and this rifle works wonders. I tend to stay in the back ground and snipe for my team. Ive tried single shot sniper rifles, both gas and spring, and this SOCOM16 is really outstanding.

Comparing the M16A2, well I feel that the Socom is more stream line and more manuverable, pluss the hicap mag has about 140 more rounds.

Alot of Japanese have the M14 only a few own the SOCOM16, However several also have the M16A2 mainly for the look of an ARMY soilder or a Marine (they love that crap here). One group of Japanese actually dress up as WWII German SS soilders, many Americans here do not like that, but hey, they don't know any better.

Con1 out :a-jester:

I have a quick question, I have recently set my sights onto a CA-M15A4.. but I would like to open my choices a bit. I had a quick question about the m14's magazines.

Mind you, this has been searched and I couldn't come up with any results. If you can search and find what I'm looking for, I will bow to your powers and refer to you as 'Oh Great One' from here on out.

Here's my question, will m14 mags fit into m16 pouches. Im not looking for stuffing the place, but if I had an m16 mag pouch capable of holding x2 m16 mags, would I be able to fit in x2 m14 mags in it's stead (with a little extra space of course) ??

Sorry for high-jacking your topic.. xD Delete it if you feel you need too, no hard feelings.

lol, heres a good rule of thumb. one m14 mag will fit in the space of roughly 1.5x m16 mags. sometimes 2.

M14 mags are wider than m16 mags, but shorter. I reccomend getting m14 pouches. I use the TT pouches with malice clips, they work great and are only 17$ each. However, the standard cheaper than dirt 2x m16 mag pouch will fit one m14 mag in each cell, but will be harder to get out due to the mag being shorter and less secure.

anyway. original poster, TM m16a2's are not so great. Internally, theyre fine. They will get barrel wobble. And sometimes its horrible. If someones looking into an m16 varient, I stand by the CA line of m15a4's. My father has one and its a great gun.

ya, I most likely will get the SOCOM16, or the CA G3 sg1 taktik. :a-famerican:

I would get the full m14, but it costs more. sor it si the SOCOM 16 or the g3 taktik. pluss I am 6ft so im not worried about the gun being too big. :a-grin:

ive never heard of that. It sounds like a great gun. :a-famerican:

Edited by lance bowman

Do you no how far it goes on automatic

java script:emoticon(':a-surrender:',%20'smid_21')

Do you no how far it goes on automatic

Guest Mad_tomato

Sorry nevermind iother sites say it is EG700 trinity always does that...

By the way, do they sell the regular M14's in black...the only ones I can find are OD and wood stock and its annoying, since the stock is only like 55 mm's longer, but with a longer barrel, so I kinda want it.

Edited by Mad_tomato

Sorry nevermind iother sites say it is EG700 trinity always does that...

By the way, do they sell the regular M14's in black...the only ones I can find are OD and wood stock and its annoying, since the stock is only like 55 mm's longer, but with a longer barrel, so I kinda want it.

no they do not. the SOCOMs stock is the same size as the normal m14 so that would make a possable mod. :a-famerican: